San Carlos, CA /
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator, conveniently located near the CalTrain station in San Carlos, CA.
Who we're looking for
At Iron Ox, we are automating the entire plant production process. From the development of multiple robot platforms, to our own custom hydroponic, seeding, and harvesting systems, we are taking a system level approach to creating the ideal farm.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to help organize, integrate, and automate our software development and delivery process. Our ideal candidate is passionate about the process of engineering; from setting up CI systems, to automatic continuous deployment, and is excited about being creative about ongoing CI for robotics.
What you will do here
- Create and maintain the continuous integration, build, and deployment pipelines
- Develop new pipelines, scripts, and frameworks for continuous integration, build (of both software and robots), test (of software, low-level hardware components, and high-level robot functionality), and deployment.
- Own package and configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Docker, etc.)
- Develop a bring up process for our robots and other physical systems including performing the bring-up until the process is automated and testable
- Define, manage, debug, and help maintain our network infrastructure (for both humans and robots)
- Help debugging systems level issues on robots and other onsite systems
- We are a small scrappy company and all wear multiple hats, you won't be expected to handle desktop IT support but you might get questions from time to time.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Python familiarity
- Linux desktop and embedded Linux software development
- Familiarity with build systems such as Make, CMake, Bazel
- Experience with init systems (systemd, etc)
- Experience with Gitlab CI, Travis CI, Circle CI, Jenkins, or some other CI system
- Familiarity with Ansible, Docker, Chef or Puppet etc.
- Experience using a cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure
- Networking experience (subnets, routing, iptables, DNS, VPN)
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of real-world experience
Nice to haves
- C/C++ familiarity strongly preferred
- Familiarity with ROS
- Experience with Buildroot, Yocto, or other minimal Linux distributions
- Linux security experience (iptables, secure boot, public key infrastructure)