San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to bring fresh and affordable produce to everyone. We're a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that are passionate about deeply understanding and developing the new wave of technology to feed people. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the SF Bay Area.
Who we're looking for
Iron Ox is looking for a Project Manager to help keep our processes organized and our timelines on track. Building the robotic farm is truly a multidisciplinary endeavor with a tight coupling between hardware, software, agriculture and operations. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable gathering requirements from different stakeholders, putting project plans in place, and coordinating tasks across teams.
- Define project schedules/deliverables and identify all resources required to execute them successfully
- Foster communications between teams and ensure that dependencies are identified early - make the engineers talk to each other
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives and production deadlines
- Organize project planning, weekly meetings, reports and presentations
- Manage and track progress of resolving bugs and general product improvements
- Clearly communicate project status, resource requirements, issues/blockers, and priorities
- Improve processes to help proactively identify and mitigate project issues and risks
- Multi-task and prioritize activities for quick execution of critical path work items
- Manage resource allocation among teammates and communicate load balancing recommendations to team leads
- Manage the development of technical documentation and product specifications
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of experience running and shipping engineering/product projects
- Project management experience with hardware-based companies
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Experience with project management software (we use Smartsheets and Trello) and Google Docs
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent presentation skills
- Certified PMP a plus
- Build technology that feeds people.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Fresh salad bar for employees.
- As an early employee, you’ll have key impact on the company.