Facility Operations Manager
San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever growing population. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator, conveniently located near the CalTrain station in San Carlos, CA.
Who we're looking for
Our goal at Iron Ox is to set up robotic greenhouses near cities all over the world. As Iron Ox expands, we are looking for an ops manager to own new greenhouse bring up. You’ll be involved in the entire process, from permitting and construction, to internal team coordination and vendor discussions, to launch and ensuring the site is running smoothly. We’re looking for you to help put together the playbook we use for many greenhouses to come.
What will you do here?
- Your initial focus will be to oversee the completion of our first production robotic greenhouse, currently underway. This involves vendor management, construction oversight, and close coordination with a diverse set of internal teams (growing, engineering, product and sales).
- Manage uptime and facility maintenance for initial greenhouse.
- Establish the greenhouse playbook we can use to replicate our facility in other cities.
- Help organize and manage timelines and projects for greenhouse builds. A love of project management and keeping timelines is critical.
- Strong communication and coordination with internal teams.
- Experience bringing up new physical locations (not necessarily greenhouses, can range from food processing facilities to manufacturing sites to on-demand services like food delivery and ride sharing).
- Worked with local city and counties for site planning and permitting.
- Led and organized new site bring up across all necessary internal teams. Strong communication skills are a must as each new greenhouse will require careful orchestration across growing, engineering, product, ops and sales.
- Manage construction projects with multiple vendors (general contractors, electricians, etc.)
- Hardcore focus on timelines and project management.
- Manage maintenance and uptime for running facility, including plumbing, electrical, etc..
- Strong communication skills
- Experience hiring and staffing existing facilities.
- Tech savvy - no need to know robotics, but good computer skills and willingness to learn new technologies is a must.
- BS/BA in relevant fields
Nice to haves
- Experience in food production facilities (processing plants, greenhouses, etc.) or manufacturing facilities.
- Experience with robotics or industrial automation in a facility.
- Have worked with local governments for incentives and expediting site planning and permitting.
- Love of fresh produce and feeding people.
- Iron Ox is a small startup with big dreams, you’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people.
- We’re in the heart of San Carlos walking distance to Caltrain and great restaurants.
- We’re a tight-knit group that likes to work hard while also having fun with company outings and team events.
- We offer medical, dental and vision.
- We have a fresh salad bar for employees 5 days a week.