San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever growing population. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator, conveniently located near the CalTrain station in San Carlos, CA.
Who we're looking for
At Iron Ox, we are automating the entire plant production process and taking a system level approach to creating the ideal farm. As we expand our greenhouse operations, we are deploying multiple robot platforms, our own custom hydroponic, seeding, and harvesting systems. We are looking for a technician to help build and deploy our robot/systems, as well as perform maintenance tasks in our facilities. The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized individual with a passion for agricultural and/or robotics. At Iron Ox, you will assist with manufacturing operations, engineering projects, and equipment installation/maintenance becoming a key member of the Iron Ox team. This is a full-time position.
What will you do here?
- Prototyping, manufacturing, and assembly of electromechanical equipment in both our San Carlos and Gilroy facilities.
- Enhancing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) practices.
- Equipment installation and maintenance at our facilities.
- Creation and implementation of SOPs.
- Building and documenting custom electrical wire harnesses.
- Maintaining and organizing facilities to ensure cleanliness and safety.
- Technical troubleshooting of equipment.
You will work closely with growing, industrial design, robotics, software, project management, and electrical teams to produce and maintain automated greenhouse systems.
- Associate's degree (A.S.) or equivalent
- 3+ years of technician related experience.
- General power tools knowledge and experience.
- General networking and computer hardware knowledge.
- Electromechanical assembly experience.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- An ability to demonstrate initiative, time management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Sharp eye for detail and a passion for learning new subjects.
- Goal oriented and take pride in their work.
- Valid drivers license and ability to drive.
Nice to Have
- Interest in the farming, food and robotics industries and love the fun of the startup environment and its culture.
- General Linux knowledge.
- G Suite experience.
- Electromechanical test experience.
- Machine shop experience, familiar with CNC Mill, CNC Lathe, Welding etc.
- Setup and perform IT / networking projects, along with sensor deployments.
- Experience with environmental sensors and general electronics knowledge.
- Experience with indoor farming, hydroponics, food safety a plus.
- LEAN manufacturing knowledge and experience.
- Forklift experience
- Experience creating SOP's and checklists.
- Experience in training team members or was a Lead.
- Iron Ox is a small startup with big dreams, you’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people.
- We’re in the heart of San Carlos walking distance to Caltrain and great restaurants.
- We’re a tight-knit group that likes to work hard while also having fun with company outings and team events.
- We offer medical, dental and vision.
- We have a fresh salad bar for employees 5 days a week.