SDET - Backend
Palo Alto, CA /
Isima is the builder of bi(OS)®, the first hyper-converged data platform. The company’s founding team has pioneered outcomes in the areas of scale-out relational databases, high-performance storage, and Applied AI for a wide variety of industries at giants such as Microsoft, AWS, Cloudera, Tibco, BlueArc, Drobo, DataStax, and D. E. Shaw.
Quality and reliability are of utmost importance in a critical enterprise product. We are looking for a Senior SDET to start and lead our backend testing team.
- Overall ownership of test design, implementation, execution, and maintenance.
- Participate head to head with developers in writing prolific test case code using python, Java, Go, etc.
- Build and maintain efficient test frameworks and pipelines for performance, stress, production, and reliability tests.
- Work in an agile model as part of a distributed team to develop fully automated test cases for functional, unit, and integration testing.
- Use the same software engineering principles (code reviews via PR, etc.) as a developer to produce beautiful test cases with particular attention to corner cases.
- BS / BE in CS, ECE, or EE.
- 7+ years of experience writing test cases for SDKs and APIs, using Python, Java, or C++.
- 3+ years of experience working in a high-velocity agile environment.
- Exposure to agile development using JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and similar tools.
- Experience working with public clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure).
- Partner with SREs to achieve CI/CD nirvana.
- Prior experience testing distributed systems or databases is a huge plus.
bi(OS) is not an iteration or amalgamation; we're creating something entirely new. It allows any company to work at a speed and efficiency that was until now reserved for the rare few. This is a formidable goal and will require a lot of sweat and tears. Being part of a team that imagines the unimaginable and has fun along the way is the reward. We are looking for people who want to make a dent in the universe, and who have a sense of pride and ownership in their work. If you are hungry for such an opportunity, are self-driven to have an impact, and excel in a work-from-home environment, we would love to talk to you!