Palo Alto, CA /
Isima is the builder of bi(OS)®, the first hyper-converged data platform. The company’s founding team has pioneered outcomes in the areas of scale-out relational databases, high-performance storage, and Applied AI for a wide variety of industries at giants such as Microsoft, AWS, Cloudera, Tibco, BlueArc, Drobo, DataStax, and D. E. Shaw.
Helping Global 2000 enterprises solve their most challenging data problems effortlessly is a formidable goal. To help achieve it, we are looking for talented engineers and architects who can understand each customer's specific problems, understand their existing environment, and come up with clear solutions in an efficient way.
- Have a deep understanding of Enterprise Systems and Integrations, including Cloud and Open Source data products and their applications within the Enterprise.
- Work alongside sales teams as part of the pre-sales process.
- Architect end to end data solutions from ingestion and management to insight.
- Own delivery of solutions to customers from initial contact to PoC, to production, including writing code and testing deployments.
- Use knowledge of customer deployments to provide requirements to the engineering team for new features and operational improvements.
- Work as part of a distributed team, as well as travel to customer sites around the world.
- Bachelor's in an engineering field; CS, ECE, EE preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working with enterprise data as a data engineer, data scientist, or ML engineer.
- Experience working with large enterprise customers in a solutions engineer/architect role.
- Experience using distributed databases, ETL/MapReduce, queues, DWH. Experience with streaming data is a big plus.
- Experience using/administering public clouds AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Familiarity with Python, scripting, databases, Terraform, Kubernetes/Anthos.
bi(OS) is not an iteration or amalgamation; we're creating something entirely new. It allows any company to work at a speed and efficiency that was until now reserved for the rare few. This is a formidable goal and will require a lot of sweat and tears. Being part of a team that imagines the unimaginable and has fun along the way is the reward. We are looking for people who want to make a dent in the universe, and who have a sense of pride and ownership in their work. If you are hungry for such an opportunity, are self-driven to have an impact, and excel in a work-from-home environment, we would love to talk to you!