Director of Product Marketing / Demand Generation
Any Location /
We are one of the top 10 Big Data Startups of 2020 and builder of bi(OS), the world’s first truly hyper-converged data platform.
The opportunity - bi(OS) is not an iteration or amalgamation; we're creating something entirely new with nothing comparable in the market. It is an opportunity to build a data platform from the ground up.
The Team - Our founding team has pioneered outcomes in scale-out relational databases, applied AI, and high-performance storage for a wide variety of industries at innovators such as Microsoft, AWS, Cloudera, Tibco, BlueArc, Drobo, DataStax, and D.E. Shaw.
The Culture - We are a continuously learning, diverse team that leads with humility and pride. Our Chief Engineer has written 1000+ automated tests, our VP of Engineering is a prolific coder, and our CEO is the acting SRE. You will be surrounded by an engineering-first mindset and mentored by experienced coaches.
We are looking for a founding product marketing leader who can support sales and drive demand gen targeting Fortune 1000 enterprises. This unique opportunity is an amalgamation of traditional product marketing, demand generation, and media/analyst relationship management.
- You will work alongside our founders to position bi(OS) within a crowded market targeting Fortune 1000 enterprises. It will involve working in a hands-on manner with 3rd parties - website builders, demand generation agencies, interfacing with Industry analysts, media, and PR firms, and crafting collateral to enable sales teams for specific opportunities.
- 5+ years of Product Marketing experience in the Data Management industry interfacing with technical audiences internally and externallyHands-on experience and attention to detail in managing 3rd parties (website builders, etc.)Ability to own product launches, including securing media briefings, etc.
Good to have Qualifications
- Experience interfacing with leading Industry analysts from Gartner, Forrester, IDC
- Experience performing hands-on demand generation using tools such as LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience managing and maintaining a credible social media presence
Who should not apply?
- Product Marketing generalists who think lead generation is someone else’s job.
Building bi(OS) is a formidable goal and will require a lot of sweat and tears. Even by startup standards, we are intense, and we don’t like to cut corners.
You will be a Single Point of Failure (SPOF) for significant innovations. At times, you may feel overwhelmed, but you will always have fellow engineers to rely upon.
We do not value years of experience or management skills and downright abhor politics, sloppiness, and narcissism.
We have the right customers, team, and investors and are just getting warmed up! If you are a self-driven team-player, who takes pride in your craft, and knows to have fun along the way, let’s connect!