Sr. DevOps Engineer / SRE
Bangalore / Pune /
We are one of the top 10 Big Data Startups of 2020 and builder of bi(OS), the world’s first truly hyper-converged data platform.
The opportunity - bi(OS) is not an iteration or amalgamation; we're creating something entirely new with nothing comparable in the market. It is an opportunity to build a data platform from the ground up.
The Team - Our founding team has pioneered outcomes in scale-out relational databases, applied AI, and high-performance storage for a wide variety of industries at innovators such as Microsoft, AWS, Cloudera, Tibco, BlueArc, Drobo, DataStax, and D.E. Shaw.
The Culture - We are a continuously learning, diverse team that leads with humility and pride. Our Chief Engineer has written 1000+ automated tests, our VP of Engineering is a prolific coder, and our CEO is the acting SRE. You will be surrounded by an engineering-first mindset and will carry this mantle forward.
We are looking for an aspirational DevOps engineer obsessed with uptime (5 9’s isn’t good enough), who can keep their cool when outages happen and preemptively highlight support issues during engineering design.
- You will work alongside our engineering team to ensure reliable delivery and uptime of bi(OS). It will involve moonlighting in three roles - a part-time support engineer fronting customer escalations from Fortune 1000 enterprise customers, an SRE for our self-serve offering, and a performance testing engineer validating scale, resiliency, and other characteristics of our releases.
Must have Qualifications
- B.Tech in CS or EE from one of the reputed schools.
- 4+ years of prolific coding experience using Python, Bash, Go in UNIX environments.
- Experience being responsible for the uptime of a significant online application.
Good to have Qualifications
- A mastery of UNIX internals.
- Building SRE tooling. (instead of cobbling together a bunch of open-source stuff)
- Experience building foundational JS SDKs.
Who should not apply?
- Support Engineers who think they are the means of last defense. (you will be a prolific toolsmith)
Building bi(OS) is a formidable goal and will require a lot of sweat and tears. Even by startup standards, we are intense, and we don’t like to cut corners.
You will be a Single Point of Failure (SPOF) for significant deliverables. At times, you may feel overwhelmed, but you will always have the founding team to rely upon.
We do not value years of experience and downright abhor politics, sloppiness, and narcissism.
We have the right customers, team, and investors and are just getting warmed up! If you are a self-driven team player, who takes pride in your craft, and knows to have fun along the way, let’s connect!