SRE / DevOps Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka /
Isima is the builder of bi(OS)®, the first hyper-converged data platform. The company’s founding team has pioneered outcomes in the areas of scale-out relational databases, high-performance storage, and Applied AI for a wide variety of industries at giants such as Microsoft, AWS, Cloudera, Tibco, BlueArc, Drobo, DataStax, and D. E. Shaw.
Reliability and quality are of utmost importance in a critical enterprise data product. We are looking for a senior SRE / DevOps engineer to start the SRE / DevOps discipline at Isima to ensure high productivity, reliability, and rhythm from code-commit to go-live for enterprise and cloud customers.
- Set up systems to monitor uptime and health of production systems, increase their reliability, and automate common production tasks on both hosted and on-premise clusters.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure production systems are healthy; troubleshoot issues, mitigate them, and, if necessary, escalate them to the core engineering team.
- Perform installation, configuration, tuning, and customer training for on-premise clusters.
- Produce blameless postmortems for incidents and drive improvements.
- Manage infrastructure and deployments.
- Use the same software development principles as a developer (code reviews via PR, etc.) to design and implement an end to end CI/CD pipeline that is effective, and efficient while not being an overhead on the engineering team.
- Work in an agile model as part of a distributed team to be the gatekeeper of security certifications, hardening, and benchmarking.
- BS / BE in CS or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in writing prolific code using Python, Go, or Java.
- 3+ years of experience working in a high-velocity agile environment.
- In-depth experience using or administering public clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure) and Linux servers.
- Exposure to security certifications such as SOC 2 and NIST on the cloud, and hardening cloud-native PaaS / SaaS offerings.
- Expert understanding of CI/CD and infrastructure offerings such as Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes/Anthos.
- Prior experience building CI/CD pipelines and monitoring systems for cloud-native, distributed database offerings is a huge plus.
bi(OS) is not an iteration or amalgamation; we're creating something entirely new. It allows any company to work at a speed and efficiency that was until now reserved for the rare few. This is a formidable goal and will require a lot of sweat and tears. Being part of a team that imagines the unimaginable and has fun along the way is the reward. We are looking for people who want to make a dent in the universe, and who have a sense of pride and ownership in their work. If you are hungry for such an opportunity, are self-driven to have an impact, and excel in a work-from-home environment, we would love to talk to you!