Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
Any Location /
We are one of the top 10 Big Data Startups of 2020 and builder of bi(OS), the world’s first truly hyper-converged data platform.
The opportunity - bi(OS) is not an iteration or amalgamation; we're creating something entirely new with nothing comparable in the market. It is an opportunity to build a data platform from the ground up.
The Team - Our founding team has pioneered outcomes in scale-out relational databases, applied AI, and high-performance storage for a wide variety of industries at innovators such as Microsoft, AWS, Cloudera, Tibco, BlueArc, Drobo, DataStax, and D.E. Shaw.
The Culture - We are a continuously learning, diverse team that leads with humility and pride. Our Chief Engineer has written 1000+ automated tests, our VP of Engineering is a prolific coder, and our CEO is the acting SRE. You will be surrounded by an engineering-first mindset and mentored by experienced coaches.
We are looking for an aspirational software engineer who loves to improve and enforce quality metrics, enhances the engineers’ productivity, and has experience testing backend modules.
- You will work alongside one of your buddies to build testing frameworks using Python to automate the entire lifecycle from developer commit to production deployment. It will involve participating in agile sprints to build new/refactor existing frameworks, filling the gaps of test cases missed by engineers' cases, and working with the DevOps / SRE teams to ensure seamless deployments.
- B.Tech in CS or EE from one of the reputed schools.
- 4+ years of automated testing experience for a stateful system (database, storage, filesystem, etc.), using Python and Linux/UNIX.
- Experience working with remote teams built upon CI/CD and TDD principles.
Good to have Qualifications
- Experience testing Databases, File System, or storage components.
- Experience optimizing the execution speed and cost of automated testing.
- Ability to write beautiful code for testing frameworks in Python.
Who should not apply?
- QA engineers who think they have a second-tier responsibility. (our chief engineer has single-handedly written 1000+ test cases)
Building bi(OS) is a formidable goal and will require a lot of sweat and tears. Even by startup standards, we are intense, and we don’t like to cut corners.
You will be a Single Point of Failure (SPOF) for significant innovations. At times, you may feel overwhelmed, but you will always have fellow engineers to rely upon.
We do not value years of experience or management skills and downright abhor politics, sloppiness, and narcissism.
We have the right customers, team, and investors and are just getting warmed up! If you are a self-driven team-player, who takes pride in your craft, and knows to have fun along the way, let’s connect!