Bengaluru, Karnataka /
Isima is the builder of bi(OS)®, the first hyper-converged data platform. The company’s founding team has pioneered outcomes in the areas of scale-out relational databases, high-performance storage, and Applied AI for a wide variety of industries at giants such as Microsoft, AWS, Cloudera, Tibco, BlueArc, Drobo, DataStax, and D. E. Shaw.
The core of our product is in the backend, working with large quantities of data. We are looking for senior engineers that have built highly efficient systems working with data in various forms.
- Own end to end design, development, and productionization of scalable distributed system components.
- Build highly efficient, reliable, fault-tolerant stateful systems.
- Write beautiful code that earns the respect of fellow engineers and increases engineering excellence for the entire team.
- Ensure high quality through design reviews, code reviews, and extensive testing.
- Work in an agile model as part of a distributed team to deliver capabilities in weekly sprints.
- BS / B. Tech. in CS, ECE, or EE.
- 7+ years of experience writing prolific code using core Java, GoLang, Rust, or C/C++.
- 3+ years of experience building or maintaining large-scale production systems, preferably cloud-based.
- Strong systems design and development background, with experience in databases, file systems, storage systems, operating systems, networking systems, distributed systems, etc.
- Experience building a distributed database or storage system is a huge plus. For example, committers to (not just users of) distributed databases such as Cassandra / ScyllaDB / MongoDB / CockroachDB.
bi(OS) is not an iteration or amalgamation; we're creating something entirely new. It allows any company to work at a speed and efficiency that was until now reserved for the rare few. This is a formidable goal and will require a lot of sweat and tears. Being part of a team that imagines the unimaginable and has fun along the way is the reward. We are looking for people who want to make a dent in the universe, and who have a sense of pride and ownership in their work. If you are hungry for such an opportunity, are self-driven to have an impact, and excel in a work-from-home environment, we would love to talk to you!