Media & Community /
Islands is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the community economy. Communities of all sizes can use our software to manage digital assets and pay people and projects globally. Our vision is to create a new community platform that is open and accessible.
We are funded by major VC funds and individuals such as founders and executives from Reddit, Twitch, Shopify, Notion, Coinbase, and more.
As our writer, you’ll work closely with the Islands team to produce relevant, impactful short-from and long-form content about crypto, NFTs, and DAOs.
The ideal candidate for this role enjoys being creative, is passionate about storytelling, and keeps a strong pulse of NFT news and communities.
Here’s what your day to day looks like:
- Writing and editing copy for content, including social posts, blogs, newsletters
- Conceptualizing copy for podcasts and video scripts
- Researching and breaking down news into simple, consumable content across socials for crypto beginners
- Producing thumb-stopping copy for Islands product and features
- Producing a mix of fast-turning and longer, more deeply reported pieces that help our audience understand market changes and make smarter decisions and become better creators / community leaders
- Generating distinctive story ideas by developing a deep network of sources and knowing where to look for data that identifies trends
- Brainstorming interesting stories and new email formats
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 2+ years experience in copywriting, content creation, or related field
- Has experience and excitement about crypto, NFTs, DAOs
- Has a strong pulse on NFT current events and can report on news quickly
- Has passion for storytelling in a 2021 environment
- Has high level of discipline - you’re a self-starter who holds yourself accountable to exceed expectations
- If you're experienced in blog SEO
Islands is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our business better. If you think you're a good match for our vision and values, we'd love to hear from you!
We're honored you're considering joining us.