LA, SF, NYC Preferred (Remote OK) /
Product Engineering /
Islands is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the community economy. Communities of all sizes can use our software to manage digital assets and pay people and projects globally. Our vision is to create a new community platform that is open and accessible.
We are funded by major VC funds and individuals such as founders and executives from Reddit, Twitch, Shopify, Notion, Coinbase, and more.
At Islands, we're looking for a product engineer that identifies as a Designer Who Codes, someone who is just as comfortable in Figma as they are in React and Typescript.
The ideal candidate should have prior experience in both product design and frontend engineering and would focus primarily on rapid feature prototyping and design system development.
Here's what your day to day responsibilities looks like:
- Develop well-tested, polished user experiences and applications using modern, component based frameworks like React, TypeScript, and GraphQL and conventions that are in-line with the teams business and developer interests
- Rapidly develop user experiences that simple and easy to use and comprehend with continuous iterations to achieve measurable success criteria
- Lead the prioritization, planning, and execution of products from the design and specifications to live deployments, acting as a leader and mentor to the client team
- Bring a positive energy into internal and external stakeholder relationships to catalyze effective execution and ensure coworkers feel included in the product engineering process
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Prior experience building a product from zero-to-one, leading the planning and execution of a complex, modern web application based on React, Typescript and GraphQL
- Prior experience leading a web engineering team either as a tech or project lead
- Prior experience and strong mastery of design thinking and design tools like Figma as well as rapid prototyping approaches that balance pixel-perfect UI with production-ready code
- Familiarity with product and engineering management approaches including experience with sprint planning, design → product waterfalls, and front-end architecture design
- Drive and ambition to lead the development of a brand new platform from zero to one
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code with a knack for follow through on design and performance improvements through consistent iteration
- Familiar with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and component design patterns
Bonus if you have this:
- You've worked on built Web 3 products
- Experience in a cross-functional product, design & engineering function
Islands is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our business better. If you think you're a good match for our vision and values, we'd love to hear from you!
We're honored you're considering joining us.