Senior Systems Engineer (Spacecraft, Lunar Lander)
Full-time (Regular) /
ispace, inc. is a global lunar resource development company with the vision, “Expand our Planet. Expand our Future.” specializing in designing and building lunar landers and rovers. ispace aims to extend the sphere of human life into space and create a sustainable world by providing high-frequency, low-cost transportation services to the Moon. The company has offices in Japan, Luxembourg, and the United States and is growing rapidly. ispace Technologies U.S., based in Englewood, Colorado, focuses on high-capacity payload lunar landers.
With locations in the U.S., Japan, and Europe, ispace is positioned to be a global leader in the exploration and development of the moon. Let's go to the moon together! Our team is growing, and we are actively looking for great people to join the ispace mission.
ispace Technologies, US. located in Denver Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Systems Engineer to join its new team.
- You will be part of a team developing a lunar lander and other lunar spacecraft
- Take ownership, lead, and coordinate: Requirements, V&V planning, Technical Budgets, Interfaces, Configuration Management, system-level analysis, trade studies, Risk Management, FDIR, failure, fault, and system reliability management through the entire life cycle of a spacecraft development program
- Lead efforts across all disciplines in defining Lander ConOps
- Lead and coordinate Techncal Reviews, dFMEAs and other failure and risk identification & mitigation activities throughout all phases of the life cycle
- Lead and collaborate with functional and sub-system teams on systems engineering tasks, trade studies, and seeking opportunities to increase performance
- Seeks feedback from interdisciplinary teams and experts to ensure program success.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the system and subsystem engineering teams
- Mentor junior systems engineers and guide their technical & career development
- Help expand the company systems engineering knowledge, provide systems learning opportunities to engineers from other disciplines
- Lead the development and streamline best in class work processes for engineering and new product development in an agile, multidisciplinary environment
- Involved in full product lifecycle, ensuring late-stage issues are addressed early in development
- Lead and perform architecture trade studies and analysis that will influence the overall system design and performance
- Support technical proposals for new business and mission opportunities
- Identify and drive design or operational problems to resolution to facilitate reliable and successful operations and reduce technical risk
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Bachelor, Master’s, or PhD degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent. We will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- 7+ years of spacecraft engineering experience with 4+ years in spacecraft systems engineering, ideally during several lifecycle phases and at spacecraft level
- Deep understanding of systems engineering principles and their application in a fast-paced spacecraft development program
- Cross functional, broad experience with several spacecraft and/or launch vehicle subsystems; including both hardware and software systems
- Deep expertise in at least one spacecraft technical area (structures, thermal, mechanical, electrical, avionics, GNC, software, etc.)
- Familiarity with engineering drawings and configuration management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Engineering Masters or PhD degree with emphasis on systems. We will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Experience in defining requirements and verification plans for spacecraft systems
- Extensive contributions to the development of a spacecraft, during multiple lifecycle phases
- Extensive experience in integrated testing and change management
- Experience performing FMECA, reliability analysis, and/or hazard analysis
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft design, test and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5012, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020, SMC-S-005 & SMC-S-016
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary starting at $125k+
- Equity/Stock options
- Medical/vision/dental health benefits (Some 100% company paid options available for employee only)
- Hybrid work schedule
- Company-paid public transportation on RTD buses and light rail (RTD EcoPass)
- Paid vacation (18 days), Sick days (6 days), Holidays (11 paid holidays)
We kindly request that resumes are a maximum of two pages, thank you.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
ispace is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ispace is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Eligible candidates must be willing to undergo and successfully complete a criminal background screening prior to hire.
ispace Technologies, US, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
ispace Technologies, US, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.