Full-time (Regular) /
ispace, inc. is a global lunar resource development company with the vision, “Expand our Planet. Expand our Future.” specializing in designing and building lunar landers and rovers. ispace aims to extend the sphere of human life into space and create a sustainable world by providing high-frequency, low-cost transportation services to the Moon. The company has offices in Japan, Luxembourg, and the United States and is growing rapidly. ispace Technologies U.S., based in Englewood, Colorado, focuses on high-capacity payload lunar landers.
With locations in the U.S., Japan, and Europe, ispace is positioned to be a global leader in the exploration and development of the moon. Let's go to the moon together! Our team is growing, and we are actively looking for great people to join the ispace mission.
ispace Technologies, US. located in Englewood, Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Associate Attorney to join its team. The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (contracts, partnerships, FAR, corporate, finance, ITAR, EAR etc.)
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient legal strategies
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.)
- Draft and finalize agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of experience as a lawyer (preference for practice in export controls, U.S. government, aerospace industry experience)
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- Must have knowledge of ITAR And EAR regulations and requirements
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in an aerospace environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Knowledge of international and domestic space law is plus
- Experience with complex corporate structures and transactions internationally
- Awareness and comprehension of the influences of the business and regulatory environments which impact the corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based upon experience $125k+ The salary posted is a targeted range for budget of position. Base compensation can be negotiated and will be commensurate with experience, skills, education, and training.
- Equity/Stock options
- Medical/vision/dental health benefits (Some 100% company paid options available for employee only)
- Hybrid work schedule
- Company-paid public transportation on RTD buses and light rail (RTD EcoPass)
- Paid vacation (18 days), Sick days (6 days), Holidays (11 paid holidays)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
ispace is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ispace is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Eligible candidates must be willing to undergo and successfully complete a criminal background screening prior to hire.
ispace Technologies, US, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
ispace Technologies, US, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.