Full-time (Regular) /
ispace, inc. is a global lunar resource development company with the vision, “Expand our Planet. Expand our Future.” specializing in designing and building lunar landers and rovers. ispace aims to extend the sphere of human life into space and create a sustainable world by providing high-frequency, low-cost transportation services to the Moon. The company has offices in Japan, Luxembourg, and the United States and is growing rapidly. ispace Technologies U.S., based in Englewood, Colorado, focuses on high-capacity payload lunar landers.
With locations in the U.S., Japan, and Europe, ispace is positioned to be a global leader in the exploration and development of the moon. Let's go to the moon together! Our team is growing, and we are actively looking for great people to join the ispace mission.
ispace Technologies, US, located in Denver, Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Staff Accountant to join its new team.
- Maintain the GL Chart of Accounts, supporting the budgeting process and in compliance with accounting standards for commercial and government contracts
- GL Entry and Month-End Close
- Financial Statement preparation and analysis; identify best practices with respect to reporting
- Assist in month/quarter-end close activities
- Assist in internal and external audit support
- Manage the daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, and transactional data
- Oversee and streamline the employee expense reimbursement process
- Develop new employee onboarding set-up process for the various internal accounting systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, or business-related field. We will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- CPA or CMA not required but looked upon favorably
- Staff Accountant experience centered around or including experience with the General Ledger
- Strong business acumen and judgment, with the ability to think strategically about business issues and accurately assess key business metrics and situations
- Understanding of the Chart of Accounts and General Ledger activities; booking and closing processes
- Understand Financial Statements: BS, CF, IS
- Understand the basic budgeting process
- Ability to work independently and to identify and recommend best practices
- Stay current with existing and changing Financial Accounting Standards
- Start-up experience
- Aerospace and/or manufacturing experience
- Cost Accounting
- Basis knowledge of FAR 15 compliant accounting practices
- Systems integration and implementation
- Experience with Quickbooks and/or Netsuite
- As a firm owned by a Japan based parent, with subsidiaries in both the US and Luxembourg, an ability to effectively communicate across time zones, language barriers, and differing cultures
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based upon experience - $80k-$92K. The salary range posted is a targeted range for budget of position. Base compensation can be negotiated and will be commensurate with experience, skills, education, and training.
- Equity/Stock options
- Medical/vision/dental health benefits (Some 100% company paid options available for employee only)
- Hybrid work schedule
- Company-paid public transportation on RTD buses and light rail (RTD EcoPass)
- Paid vacation (18 days), Sick days (6 days), Holidays (12 paid holidays)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
ispace is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with ispace is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Eligible candidates must be willing to undergo and successfully complete a criminal background screening prior to hire.
ispace Technologies, US, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
ispace Technologies, US, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.