Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
Create once, share everywhere with Issuu!
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our ride.
We are the right company for you, if you
- Want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – we handle hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M documents,
- Consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues,
- Are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket,
- Are curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions,
- Seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product,
- Want to work with colleagues who have a ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want you to succeed.
What you will be doing
- You will be working at the intersection between our Business Intelligence team, our Platform team and our Devops team,
- You will ensure that we have the data we need, where we need it, at the time we need it,
- You will ensure we maintain the life cycle, consistency and validity of our data,
- You will develop our architectures in line with business requirements,
- You will maintain and develop our data warehouse,
- You will be joining a newly created team (The Deers).
What you bring with you
- A Master’s degree in CS, Information Technology or a related field,
- Solid knowledge of SQL, relational databases and Google BigQuery,
- Experience setting up ETL pipelines using external tools, like Google BigQuery and the tools around it, Fivetran, Segment, etc.,
- Experience building, scheduling and optimizing ETL pipelines using Python,
- Experience with data storage and modelling,
- Strong analytical skills with both unstructured and structured data,
- Experience working with large datasets,
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, international environment,
- Knowledge of GDPR,
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Can you say yes to most of these qualifications? If you want to build truly scalable systems and work on something that matters, it’s time to apply!
Other things you should know are
- We're currently working on Issuu’s Story Cloud both on web and mobile apps, machine learning for better understanding of our content, internal analytics and our famous reading experience to mention a few examples,
- Our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQPWe deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Docker Swarm and Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis, Node, etc.,
- We strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology
- We have many cross-team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can,
- “20% time”- everyone gets one day a week to invest as they see fit (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters, ...).
The impact you will have on our customers
- Contributing to the growth of a mature- and steadily growing company,
- Delivering results that create value for the end users, while we ensure a high-performance, high-availability, robust product that scales with our traffic (10.000++ requests/second ) and data-heavy platforms (100++ terabytes),
- Creating new things they could not have done before,
- Sharing those creations with more people than they could have reached before,
- Reaching new levels of success than they could have imagined before.
What you'll get
- A competitive compensation package and benefits,
- Health and dental insurances,
- a flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position,
- Delicious daily lunch, snacks, fruits and drinks, and awesome monthly Friday bars hosted by the teams.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.