Fullstack Developer - Creator Teams
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year. At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
We are looking for Fullstack Developers to join the ride in empowering our creators. Our focus now is on building products to easily create engaging content ready to be shared, staying true to our mission ‘Create Once. Share Everywhere’’. Some examples include: enhancing original uploaded content with links and videos for a more interactive reading experience and, building a new editor that enables easy creation of content for social media platforms. A clean user experience in our product is always top of mind.
Issuu Is The Place For You, If You...
- want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – We receive hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M+ documents.
- consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues.
- are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket.
- are curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions.
- seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product.
- want to work with colleagues who have an ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed.
- Be part of an international team that continuously challenges the status quo.
What You Bring With you:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent.
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience designing and building robust, high-volume production systems.
- Experience with scalable microservice architecture.
- A passion for frontend engineering based on a modern stack (e.g. TypeScript, React, Sass, Design Systems).
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Other Things To Know:
- We're currently working on Issuu’s Story Cloud both on web and mobile apps. machine learning for better understanding of our content, and our famous reading experience to mention a few examples.
- Our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP.
- We deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis, Node, etc.
- We strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology.
- We have many cross-team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can.
- “20% time”- everyone gets one day a week to invest as they see fit (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters.
The Impact You Will Have on our Customers
- Create new things they could not have done before.
- Share those creations with more people than they could have reached before.
- Reach new levels of success than they could have imagined before.
What You Will Get:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.