Sr. UX Designer
UX & Design /
With over 100 million unique visitors per month, Issuu is the world’s largest digital discovery and publishing platform. Issuu enables anyone — from independent creators to global brands — to distribute, measure and monetize their editorial, catalog or marketing content. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga. Issuu helps brands reach millions of people around the world who use Issuu to share, discover and engage with what they love.
What you will do
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design of major aspects of the user experience that scales across multiple products, platforms, and end-to-end scenarios for a variety of customers. You're a strong, creative problem-solver who has a knack for making complex things simple, is guided by customer data and business needs, and knows how to work well with others in order to turn ideas into reality.
You will be designing experiences that improve the understandability of our product and its feature suite, especially for new users, in order to improve user engagement and enhance our onboarding capabilities. Additionally you will be supporting our growth team by refining our value proposition and conversion funnel in order to make it easier and more desirable for users to discover our core product, as well as premium features.
You will contribute to the evolution of the experience architecture and appearance of the Issuu product and create value for our customers. The evolution of the product is a research-driven effort, and we would prefer you have design research experience.
We are continuously developing our design/engineering collaboration practice and toolset. We have a nascent Design System which you will be a part of defining and growing.
Make a clear impact in crafting the next evolution of Issuu’s user experience. As a Senior UX Designer, you will be part of a collaborative, customer-obsessed team working to deliver innovative solutions to empower and assist customers as they define their online presence. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that's changing the face of Issuu and helping small businesses around the world build, manage, and grow their business.
We’re looking for someone who can
- Conceive clear and coherent end-to-end design strategies across a user's journey, through our product.
- Establish a vision through simple, elegant designs and a clear process for delivering them.
- Keep track of emerging design dependencies throughout a changing product.
- Evolve and invent new visual and interaction designs based on experience requirements, brand guidelines and user needs.
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, marketing, product managers, development teams, customer support and BI specialists.
- Be an active contributor and participant in group critique and constant iterative improvement to both process and product.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time, workflow and expectations appropriately,
- Advocate for design excellence and usability, and help visualize product needs from the user’s perspective for other stakeholders.
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years experience in product or UX design and 2+ years in delivering SaaS products to market.
- Impressive portfolio of modern and progressive UI architecture, interaction and visual designs, as well as a clearly documented design process that specifies your unique role on different projects.
- Self-initiated achievements that show an ability to work through and across organizational lines, and refine the usability of a product over time.
- Excellent ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to partners in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building, as well as explain the reasoning behind key design decisions.
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, psychology, social sciences, or relevant equivalent.
Would you like to join?
We're looking for the right person to join our team in Berlin and if it's you, don't hesitate to apply! In addition to the UX & Design team, you'll find members of the BI/Analytics, Customer Success, Engineering, Product, and Management teams here.
We provide lunches, regular outings and nice parties, host events, and have one of the slickest offices around.
Most of our content creators are on a mission to change their world in some way. They are passionate and driven and we consider ourselves the same. Check some of them out:
The avantgarde Italian kids fashion magazine: https://issuu.com/kidswearmagazine
The Danish outdoor garage start-up magazine: https://issuu.com/outsite.org
The Polish/Irish photographer: https://issuu.com/thefix-analogue-magazine
The American Meteorite Exchange Inc. Magazine: https://issuu.com/meteorite-times
We encourage everyone to apply regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran or disability status.