Frontend Developer - Creator Monetization
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year. At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
About the Team
We're looking for both a Sr. Frontend Developer & Frontend Developer to join our newly formed Creator Monetization team. The team's responsibilities include all aspects of pricing, billing and payment of Issuu customers including subscription plans. Additionally the team will look after digital sales which enable our creators to earn money on the Issuu platform. Join the team to bring flexibility and transparency to our subscription plans, collaboratively drive efforts to help creators on Issuu to earn money, and support increasing the number of paid customers.
Issuu Is The Place For You, If You...
- Grow and nurture the conversion of creators on Issuu to subscribers of paid plans
- Enable our creators to earn money on the Issuu platform
- Understand that maintenance is part of the job, and help troubleshoot problems
- Seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product
- Want to work with colleagues who have a ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed
- Be part of an international team that continuously challenges the status quo.
What You Bring With you:
- A Master’s degree in CS or equivalent.
- Experience with scalable microservice architectures.
- A versatile mindset: the ability to work on any system - from code running in the browser to big data analytics dealing with terabytes of data.
- A passion for frontend engineering based on a modern stack (e.g. TypeScript, React, Sass, Design Systems).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A flexible approach to day-to-day work. We strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology.
Other Things To Know:
- We're currently working on Issuu’s Story Cloud both on web and mobile apps, machine learning for better understanding of our content, and our famous reading experience to mention a few examples,
- We deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Kubernetes, MySQL/Postgres, Redis, Elastic Search, etc.,
- We have many cross team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can,
- “20% time”- everyone gets one day a week to invest as they see fit (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters, ...).
The Impact You Will Have on our Customers
- Create new things they could not have done before.
- Share those creations with more people than they could have reached before.
- Reach new levels of success than they could have imagined before.
What You Will Get:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.