iOS Engineer (Berlin)
At Issuu, we empower content creators through cutting edge tools, technology and services. We exist to help creators of longform, highly visual content build audiences and businesses.
We are seeking a skilled iOS Engineer to work on the Issuu products, along with supporting backend and infrastructure. You will work with a small, autonomous team of engineers, designers, and product managers to find end-to-end solutions to challenging problems. You will help removing technical debt and mitigating the risk of slowing down, or harming production systems.
If you are driven by curiosity and an eagerness to learn, then you’re the one we’re looking for!
We are the right company for you, if you
- want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – We receive hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M+ documents,
- consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues,
- are self-driven, curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions,
- seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product,
- want to work with colleagues who have ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed.
We believe you can help us succeed by
- delivering results that create value for the end users, while we ensure a high-performance, high-availability, robust product that scale with our traffic,
- working across disciplines, and take a holistic, end-to-end approach to software development,
- being at the forefront of development practices, Agile, Continuous Delivery, Software as Service,
- solving problems from just about every area of computer science, including search, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, security, data compression and so on.
We are looking for someone who has
- 5+ years of experience building iOS applications,
- 2+ successful commercial projects taken from inception to production,
- a degree in CS or equivalent,
- a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment,
- very good understanding of mobile domain, familiarity with backend systems, and backend infrastructure,
- high proficiency with Swift and excellent knowledge of iOS ecosystem,
- strong competence in building user interfaces,
- experience architecting and building robust, high-performance applications,
- knowledge in RESTFul APIs is highly advantageous,
- used to working with Design and Product teams,
- experience with server-side languages (a plus),
- excellent communication skills in English.
Can you say yes to most of these qualifications? If you want to build truly scalable systems and work on something that matters, it’s time to apply!
Other things you should know are
- we're currently working on Issuu’s Story Cloud both on the web and mobile apps, internal analytics and our famous reading experience to mention a few examples,
- we currently use Swift on the frontend side, Kotlin on the backend side, and we're extremely open to using new languages and/or technologies,
- we strive to be agile (Who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology.
Would you like to Join?
We're looking for the right person to join our team in Berlin full-time and if it's you, don't hesitate to apply!
Our Berlin office is located in the nice Prenzlauer Berg area, surrounded by tech companies, nice cafes and parks. You will be part of a team of different disciplines including engineers, product and UX. Occasionally, you will be asked to travel to our Copenhagen office, to work together with the rest of the engineering and product teams.
Most of our content creators are on a mission to change their world in some way. They are passionate and driven and we consider ourselves the same. Check some of them out:
The avantgarde Italian kids fashion magazine: https://issuu.com/kidswearmagazine
The Danish outdoor garage start-up magazine: https://issuu.com/outsite.org
The Polish/Irish photographer: https://issuu.com/thefix-analogue-magazine
The American Meteorite Exchange Inc. Magazine: https://issuu.com/meteorite-times
We encourage everyone to apply regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Android, Kotlin, Microservices, Continuous Delivery