Director of Acquisition Marketing
Palo Alto, California /
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the Director of Acquisition Marketing is responsible for designing multi-touch demand creation programs that leverage both inbound and outbound tactics.
You will be responsible for driving growth from awareness through new user acquisition and lead customer acquisition, partnering with marketing, product, and sales to drive new user sign ups.
You'll set the strategy, optimize our existing channels, test new channels, own the results, and build out a team to rapidly grow our customer base. You will build the engine for our customer journey, decide where we invest across paid, organic, partner or other channels, and help customers discover and get value from our product.
- Test, learn, optimize, operationalize
- Basically, figure out what works to drive growth for Issuu and scale it
- Own our acquisition goals and the path to get there within CAC targets
- Build out a high-performance team of direct reports and agencies
- Have a holistic understanding of the customer journey
- Develop top of funnel growth strategies and and campaigns to grow traffic and new account creation
- Optimize our existing acquisition channels and build out new ones, including paid, organic, SEO, SEM, partners, referrals, digital, direct mail, and more
- Establish a lead engine for a newly forming inside sales team
- Manage our paid marketing budgets
- 5+ years experience in growth/acquisition marketing or related roles
- 10+ years experience in marketing
- Desire to be hands on, get in the weeds, and do the work
- Experience managing a high-performance team and agencies
- Ability to set goals and strategy and coach a team toward high performance
- Familiarity with both paid and organic channels and variety of growth tactics
- Experience acquiring new users/customers in a high growth SaaS environmentIdeally, experience at hyper growth company, in either SMB or consumer space
- Be performance driven, deeply analytical, comfortable deriving insights and making decisions from data
- Understanding of best practices in design, copy, and creative for effective campaigns
- Comfort with A/B testing and experiment design
- Ability to work well cross-functionally to both learn and execute
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and not lose track of the details
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company
- Health and dental insurance
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA. Travel to Berlin and Copenhagen may be required.
With over 100 million unique visitors per month, Issuu is the world’s largest digital discovery and publishing platform. Issuu enables anyone — from independent creators to global brands — to distribute, measure and monetize their editorial, catalog or marketing content. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen and Berlin, Issuu helps brands reach millions of people around the world who use Issuu to share, discover and engage with what they love.
We encourage everyone to apply regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran or disability status.