Product Manager (Berlin)
We are seeking a full-time Product Manager to join our Berlin office to be in the driver’s seat to help Issuu revolutionize content discovery and distribution. We are looking for someone who can work cross-functionally to help improve our overall architecture and build high-quality, truly scalable and maintainable systems that help and empower our users.
We are looking for a Product Manager that will be able to take our content business to the next level. You will have overall product responsibility for the Issuu content areas and apps. You will develop roadmaps, make prioritization decisions, write out product briefs, work with the Design and Engineers to flesh out the details of the product, work with Marketing to ensure adoption and work with Sales and AdOps to ensure we are optimizing our ad revenue without sacrificing our long-term customer growth and engagement.
The work environment at Issuu is informal with a flat structure. Each feature team takes ownership of — and pride in — the products they are building. We encourage an open mind and a desire to always improve. We aim at being the best at what we do and value a high level of competence in our colleagues.
In our Berlin office, you’ll be working alongside members of our Engineering team. Our office is located in Prenzlauerberg, convenient to public transportation. We have regular lunch outings and team gatherings, and we work in a flexible, inclusive environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead product vision, strategy, development and execution across a number of products and teams at Issuu
- Work cross functionally with Technical, Creative, Business Analytics, Marketing, Customer Success and Business Development teams on opportunities to accelerate growth
- Generate and use quantitative and qualitative customer research and data analysis to communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Design
- Experience building content sites and products is required.
- Experience with subscription or ad products is a plus
- Experience working with distributed teams is highly desirable
- Strong technical architectural understanding of mobile and web products like Issuu
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and a structured, honest and rigorous thought process. Must be fluent in English.
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
What We Offer You
- Competitive compensation package
- Great offices in Palo Alto, Copenhagen and Berlin
- Informal, inclusive and flexible workplace environment
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- Working with the best minds on real problems that matter to millions of people
The position is located in Berlin. Travel to Copenhagen and Palo Alto may be required.
With over 100 million unique visitors per month, Issuu is the world’s largest digital discovery and publishing platform. Issuu enables anyone — from independent creators to global brands — to distribute, measure and monetize their editorial, catalog or marketing content. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and New York City, Issuu helps brands reach millions of people around the world, who use Issuu to share, discover and engage with what they love.
We encourage everyone to apply regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran or disability status.