Sr. Frontend Developer
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
About the team
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join our readers team (the “Ravens”) that would lead the frontend efforts and architecture. The team enables our readers to have an enjoyable reading experience on Issuu. This includes presenting the content through our famous flipbook technology, interacting with the content, finding related content or suggesting further content to explore. You will be working in a team that is data driven in the decisions they make and where every team member can have an impact in shaping the future experience for our readers.
We are the right company for you, if you
- want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – we handle hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M+ documents,
- consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues,
- are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket,
- are curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions,
- seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product,
- want to work with colleagues who have a ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed.
What You Bring With You
- a Master’s degree in CS or equivalent,
- being passionate about creating the best possible experience for the end user,
- a passion for frontend engineering based on a modern stack (e.g. TypeScript, React/Redux, Sass, Design Systems),
- the ability to build and integrate with node.js backends,
- being comfortable with both functional and object oriented programming styles,
- knowledge of all the CSS quirks and the newest additions, like grids,
- excellent communications skills in English.
Can you say yes to most of these qualifications? If you want to build truly scalable systems and work on something that matters, it’s time to apply!
Other Things You Should Know Are
- we're currently working on Issuu’s Story Cloud both on web and mobile apps, machine learning for better understanding of our content, and our famous reading experience to mention a few examples,
- our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP,
- we deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Docker Swarm/Kubernetes, MySQL/Postgres, Redis, Elastic Search, etc.,we strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology,
- we have many cross team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can,“20% time”- everyone gets one day a week to invest as they see fit (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters, ...).
The Impact You Will Have on our Customers
- Contributing to the growth of a mature- and steadily growing company.
- Delivering results that create value for the end users, while we ensure a high-performance, high-availability, robust product that scales with our traffic (10.000++ requests/second ) and data-heavy platforms (100++ terabytes).
- create new things they could not have done before
- share those creations with more people than they could have reached before
- reach new levels of success than they could have imagined before
What You'll Get
- competitive compensation package,
- meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company,
- health and dental insurance,
- flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- delicious daily lunch, snacks, fruits and drinks, and awesome monthly Friday bars hosted by the teams.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.