Sr. Growth Marketing Data Analyst
Palo Alto / San Francisco Bay, California /
BI & Analytics /
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
You will bring data to light and develop analytics that share a data story that will drive the success of the company. The Analytics Team at Issuu partners directly with leadership and across the company to educate and share data that shares our wins, identifies opportunities, and puts us right in the middle of strategic decisions. If you love bringing your business knowledge, technical skills, and your love for math to tell stories and want to work on a distributed team that supports each other, learns together, and inspires each other, this is the place for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Partnership with Marketing leaders to understand Marketing strategy and objectives so you can proactively bring insights forward.
- Create analytics solutions using statistical tools such as descriptive, inferential, predictive, and prescriptive analytics that enables you to provide data-driven insights.
- Partner with Data Engineering and work on large datasets of structured and unstructured data to build out schemas in the data warehouse.
- Build dashboards so Marketing can gain understanding, measure progress and performance across marketing activities.
- Analyze patterns of datasets to derive valuable stories around the acquisition funnel, SEO, SEM, website performance, and traffic sources to identify trends and opportunities.
What You Bring With You
- Minimum of 5 years of analytics experience working with Marketing using large data sets and combining relevant information to generate insights for analysis.
- Proficient in data languages: SQL, Python/R.
- Demonstrated understanding of data structures and relational databases and ETL/ELT tools such as Google BigQuery, fivetran.
- Proven statistical analytical skills such as descriptive and inferential.
- Ability to work in diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with others towards the same outcome and drive results.
- Masters degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (Business Analytics, Statistics, Information Systems, or a related area).
The Impact You Will Have
The insights that you provide will empower Marketing and teams across the company to make informed, strategic decisions. Your advanced analytics will derive insights, predictive models for better planning, and help deliver personalized experiences for our customers. You’ll support the continuous evolution of our data warehouse, working closely with data engineers, and build a data culture that enables business growth.
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company
- We have 100% company paid platinum health benefits that is above the benchmark of prominent high tech companies
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.