Engineering Manager - Content Creation & Sharing team
Engineering – Engineering /
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is a suite of advanced features, designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Creator Content teams.
Content Transformation Team
The team sits at the heart of Issuu and is fueling the ability to transform and repurpose our publishers’ content. Their goal is to process all documents on our platform and, while doing so, get a better understanding of our content through machine learning techniques. We are working on 50M+ PDF documents (catalogs, magazines, etc.) to figure out new ways to utilize the documents and improve our readers’ experience on the platform through better search results and recommendations.
Content Creation & Sharing Team
The team focuses on enriching the static content uploaded to Issuu into a truly digital experience and creating new content types out of it, such as articles, social posts and gifs. They later on enable our creators to share these with their audience in the right format on any channel.
Through your leadership, your teams will solve the hardest problems faced by our creators. Solving those problems allows them to create new things they would not have otherwise been able to create and to share those with more people than they could have reached before.
What You Will Do
- Building high-performance teams through both hiring and professional development.
- Leading cross-team engineering initiatives and improving processes that set up the entire engineering group to do greater things.
- Ensuring close collaboration with product managers and UX.
- Provide support in roadmap and planning activities.
- Leading by example, taking initiative, and doing what is needed to set up the team to succeed.
- Fostering a feedback culture.
What You Bring With You
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an engineering manager role.
- A Master’s degree in CS or relevant experience.
- Experience building high performance teams through both hiring and professional development.
- Experience with typescript, python, rust, RabbitMQ, React, Node.js, event driven microservice architecture, K8s, Jenkins, AWS, Sagemaker (ML) and more
- Experience building a culture build on trust, transparency and accountability – that empowers engineers to do greater things.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
The Impact You Will Have
- Through your leadership, your teams will solve the hardest problems faced by our creators. Solving those problems allows them to create new things they would not have otherwise been able to create and to share those with more people than they could have reached before.
What You'll Get
- What You'll GetCompetitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
- 140 wonderful colleagues spread across 4 offices worldwide.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen and Berlin, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.