Sr. Product Manager, Content
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more).
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead our content team. The focus of the team is to deepen the understanding of how machine learning can scale the company while continuing to ensure a high performance, quality and reliability for the processing of all documents uploaded to the Issuu platform. The team isworking on 50M+ PDF documents (catalogues, magazines, etc.) to figure out new ways to utilize the documents, e.g. detecting and extracting articles, auto-generating social posts, improved experience for the readers on our platform (better search results, recommendations, etc.). This work includes PDF decomposition, image analysis, document structure analysis, text analysis and categorization.
What You Will Do
- Lead product vision, strategy, development, and execution for the content team;
- Identify new opportunities that utilize ML to drive business growth;
- Collaborate with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives and ensure successful execution;
- Spearhead key initiatives to deliver on Issuu’s strategy;
- Drive product decisions and outcomes based on analysis and deep understanding of our business, customers, competitors and market forces;
- Take an active part in the team’s agile ceremonies.
What You Bring With You
- Product Management Experience. 5+ years working on a software product as a product manager, preferably on a B2C content platform.
- Experience working with machine learning and understanding of what can be solved with machine learning.
- Modern product thinker. Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Collaborator. Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Go-to-market Experience. You have experience working with sales teams and go to market strategies to drive revenue outcomes.
- Passion about user research and building the right thingExcellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Focus on delivering user value instead of pushing out features.
What You'll Get
- The opportunity to work in a highly international, fast-growing tech company,
- Opportunity to shape the company strategy of a product used by millions,
- Competitive compensation package,
- Flexible working hours and continuous learning environment,
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning.
Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.