Lifecycle Marketing Manager, Email
Palo Alto, California /
We are looking for a skilled email marketer to develop and execute integrated email programs and initiatives to drive higher engagement, upsells and retention within our user base.
The ideal candidate is a creative, analytical, and curious self-starter who can multitask. You’ll need to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution and be able to thrive in a fast paced environment. The role will work closely with other marketers to enhance the reach and impact of our customer engagement and adoption initiatives for all segments of the market.
- Define and drive strategy to increase engagement across all email streams; including onboarding, transactional messages, drip campaigns, and re-engagement;
- Own customer email communication development and execution with content, relevancy, smart segmentation and personalization to drive customer engagement, upsell and adoption;
- Plan and execute ongoing testing (layout, format, frequency, copy, etc.) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement driving towards our KPIs;
- Be the email SME who partners with other Marketers, the Product Team and Customer Success Team to drive best practices;
- Develop weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on email performance;
- Leverage data to prioritize initiatives, including own automated dashboards to measure and report on campaign progress and effectiveness;
- Lead initiative to streamline customer email communications across the whole organization;
- Monitor the marketplace to keep ahead on best practices, best-in-class vendor opportunities and strategies of our competitors and other leading marketers.
- Minimum of 4 years email marketing experience within SaaS or high-volume setting;
- Familiarity with Iterable is a big plus, along with previous experience deploying a marketing automation tool;
- Proficiency with API calls and JSON;
- Email strategy experience; must have experience developing and managing strategic email and marketing testing plans;
- Deep knowledge and thorough understanding of email and mobile marketing best practices, particularly in a SaaS environment;
- Proven ability to translate analytic data into strategic insights that drive successful marketing programs;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines, in a busy, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve; excellent time management skills;
- Creative self-starter with a can-do attitude; can work independently, self-reliant, and self-motivated.
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company
- Health and dental insurance
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA. Travel to Berlin and Copenhagen may be required.
With over 100 million unique visitors per month, Issuu is the world’s largest digital discovery and publishing platform. Issuu enables anyone — from independent creators to global brands — to distribute, measure and monetize their editorial, catalog or marketing content. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen and Berlin, Issuu helps brands reach millions of people around the world who use Issuu to share, discover and engage with what they love.
We encourage everyone to apply regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran or disability status.