Engineering – Infrastructure /
We are looking for 2 Infrastructure Engineers to join our team and contribute to moving Issuu towards a modern infrastructure setup. In this role, you will work closely with software engineers to implement, manage and support the Issuu infrastructure.
- Main responsibilities are to design, build and maintain Issuu infrastructure and IT operations systems and practices.
- Contribute to improving the observability of Issuu infrastructure throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Implementing automation tools and frameworks for automatic code deployment (CI/CD).
- Improving posture on portability and disaster recovery through adoption of IaaC.
- Work on securing our infrastructure and code to prevent security breaches and vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring our infrastructure utilization as part of controlling expenditure.
- Ensuring quality control and management of the code base.
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to our automation flows.
- Helping us improve our best practices to bridge the gap between developers and operations.
- Build successful partnering relationships with internal customers to ensure infrastructure is meeting our needs and that future plans are aligned with the vision for our products.
What you bring with you
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as an Infrastructure Engineer or a related field.
- containerization, kubernetes and recent cloud native technologies.
- various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services like AWS and GCP.
- of CI/CD pipelines and configuration management tools.
- Observability patterns including logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Network related topics like DNS, WAF, CDN, APIs and Ingresses.
- Administering distributed UNIX-style systems in AWS.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing platform performance and security in high availability clusters.
- The SDLC and life cycle management of key artifacts.
- Programming like Python, Rust..
- Ability to collaborate in an environment where you will work closely with software developers, QA, support and product owners/managers.
- Excellent written & verbal interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical & technical audiences.
Communication and collaboration
We are the right company for you, if you
- Want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – we handle hundreds of visits per second and host 50M+ documents.
- Consider yourself one of the best at what you do and are looking for equally talented colleagues.
- Are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket.
- Are curious and never stop learning by exploring new languages, technologies and solutions.
- Seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product.
- Want to work with colleagues who have a ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed.
- Be part of an international team that continuously challenges the status quo.
Other things you should know are
- Most of our infrastructure runs on AWS, mainly S3, EC2, RDS and EKS additionally we use GCP PubSub and BigQuery.
- We run a microservice oriented architecture on kubernetes.
- We strive to be agile, but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodologies.
- We have some legacy non containerised services which we are actively sunsetting or moving on to kubernetes.
- We make use of TechRadar and DevOps guilds to identify and drive our next steps and we’re growing the team to get there.
- We have a rotating on-call schedule based on PagerDuty alerts for incident management which Infrastructure Engineers are part of.
- We have many cross team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can.
- “20% time”: everyone gets one day a week to make something better (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters)
What you'll get
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company.
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is expanding across diverse departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to be a part of a community that values both our users and colleagues, embraces growth opportunities, approaches challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have an impact, we invite you to apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.