Director of Product
Product – Product /
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Management to lead product management for our acquisition, reader and monetization teams. We are influenced by Marty Cagan, Reforge and Teresa Torres (amongst others) and we are looking for someone with a similar approach to product thinking.
The ideal candidate is a customer- and results-focused product leader with lots of SaaS experience. You are a creative and analytical thinker with a bias towards action and embrace change. Looking at numbers and qualitative research is your bread and butter. You have a track-record of launching and scaling successful products as well as building and growing strong product teams.
What You Will Do
- Partner with stakeholders to define and align the organization around Issuu’s product vision, strategy and roadmap;
- Act as an advocate for the customer to ensure we are solving the right problems in the right way to create value;
- Collaborate with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives and ensure successful execution;
- Strategically lead and operationally coach and develop a talented team of product managers to define and achieve functional objectives and grow their skills;
- Spearhead key initiatives to deliver on Issuu’s product strategy;
- Drive product decisions and outcomes based on analysis and deep understanding of our business, customers, competitors and market forces.
What You Bring With You
- 10+ years of product management experience and demonstrated product success with the ability to work strategically and operationally; Here we look specifically for experience in signup/pricing/packaging
- Experience building, growing, leading and coaching high performing product teams;
- Experience launching and growing SaaS software products, leveraging agile methodologies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Focus on delivering user value instead of pushing out features;
- Proven ability to partner and collaborate cross-functionally and at all levels in a global company;
- Demonstrated strategic/business acumen and ability to deep-dive into technical details;
- Additionally, we would value having experience in a product-led freemium, go-to market strategy.
The Impact You Will Have
- Developing and evolving an overall product strategy and roadmap for your teams;
- Lead, manage and coach a high caliber team of product managers.
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation package;
- The opportunity to work in a highly international, fast-growing tech company;
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company;
- Health Insurance
- Flexible working hours and continuous learning environment;
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
This position can be located in any of our product offices (Berlin, Braga, Copenhagen).
Some business travel will be required. The travel is estimated to be a few days each quarter.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.