Senior Software Engineer
Engineering – Funnel Team /
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
The funnel-team at Issuu is responsible for account creation- and onboarding flows, and provides diverse engineering support around the growth of the company.
What You Will Be Doing
- Building high-quality client-facing applications that serve millions of our customers.
- Working within a cross-functional team on a wide variety of topics. At Issuu, Engineering, Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Product and UX/Design join forces every day.
- Operating in a truly full stack capacity, on a diverse set of topics and micro services.
- Following a holistic, end-2-end approach to software development.
What You Bring With You
- A BSc. or MSc. degree in Computing Science or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience with React (Typescript) and Node.js
- 6+ years of working experience in a software engineering capacity
- Experience with scalable micro-service architectures
- An operational excellence mindset. You understand the importance of monitoring, observability and SRE, knowing what it takes to build reliable applications for customers.
- You deploy applications on Kubernetes for breakfast
- A versatile mindset: the ability to work on any system — from code running in the browser to big data analytics dealing with terabytes of data
- A passion for frontend engineering based on a modern stack (e.g. TypeScript, React, Sass, Design Systems)
- Excellent English skills (verbal and in written form)
- A flexible approach to day-to-day work. We strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology
Other Things To Know:
- We're currently working on becoming a transformation engine for the content uploaded to Issuu, machine learning for better understanding of our content, our famous reading experience and expanding our partner ecosystem to mention a few examples.
- Our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP.
- We deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis, Node, etc.
- We have many cross-team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can.
- Issuu applies the concept of “20% time” - everyone gets one day a week to invest as they see fit (i.e. to learn something new, to experiment with new ideas in the product, to join efforts with others, or to improve what *you* think matters ...).
What You'll Get
- A competitive compensation package.
- Growth opportunities within a challenging working environment.
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company.
- Health insurance.
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
- A homely working environment in the heart of Berlin
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.