Marketing Automation Manager
Hybrid - Palo Alto /
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more).
We’re looking for a Marketing Automation Manager to join the Marketing Ops Team, reporting to the Head of Marketing Operations & Channels. The person in this role will be at the center of how and when Issuu communicates with our customers via email and in product messaging, closely collaborating with content marketers, product marketers, sales teams and product managers.
What You Will Do
- Drive email best practices and scalable processes
- Use email marketing and in-app messaging to engage our database of contacts with timely, relevant and valuable content that is representative of the Issuu brand and culture
- Strategically leverage our automation platforms to increase the volume and quality of the traffic sent to Issuu’s core properties
- Project manage email and in-app messaging campaigns from ideation to production to deploymentLeverage subscriber data to build highly targeted audiences for Issuu communications and share learnings related to targeting strategies cross-functionally to improve targeting efforts across the organization
- Report on campaign performance and socialize insights and opportunities weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders in Marketing, BI, Design, Content Marketing, Product, Engineering and Sales
- Maintain and enforce email deliverability best practices, including an exceptional sender reputation and clean IP
- Track KPIs and measure performance of campaigns and experiments
- Run optimization tests to ensure we’re continuously improving our email engagement rates
- Stay in the know about email and in-app messaging best practicesBe the go-to expert for owning the email marketing automation tool
- Research and champion new processes, sharing best practices that’ll drive speed and efficiency across our systems and organization
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years experience creating and executing marketing automation programs
- Demonstrated success leveraging marketing automation techniques to drive customer engagement and retention
- Strong understanding of analytics platforms (Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Sisense) and marketing automation platforms (Iterable, Pendo, Drift, etc)
- Expertise with email marketing platforms (Iterable, HubSpot, Marketo, Eloqua) and email best practicesExperience with In-App messaging platforms (Pendo, Braze, Iterable)
- Experience at a high-growth SaaS company (e.g., Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian)
- Familiarity with marketing analytics, online marketing, A/B testing, product marketing, and predictive marketing toolsWorks well under deadlines, with the ability to identify and communicate issues quickly
- Balance of creativity and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Email Marketing skills
- Strong appreciation and understanding of design (design skills a major plus!)
- Able to prioritize and juggle many projects
- Exceptional project management skillsNice to have: understand SQL, HTML/CSS
What You'll Get
- The opportunity to work in a highly international, fast-growing tech company
- Opportunity to shape the company strategy of a product used by millions
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible working hours and continuous learning environment
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.