Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year. At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
We are looking for Fullstack Engineers to join our ride to empower our creators and delight our readers. Our focus now is on building tools for our publishers to create content that lets them engage with their audience in a digital space. At the same time, we are constantly improving the platform for our readers and take pride in offering the best reading experience no matter the device.
We are the right company for you, if you
- want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – We receive hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M+ documents,
- consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues,
- are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket,
- are curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions,
- seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product,
- want to work with colleagues who have ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed,
- Be part of an international team that continuously challenges the status quo.
What you Bring with you
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent,
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience,
- Experience designing and building robust, high-volume production systems,
- Experience with scalable microservice architecture,
- A passion for frontend engineering based on a modern stack (e.g. TypeScript, React, Sass, Design Systems),
- Experience with Functional Programming (e.g. OCaml, Erlang) is nice to have,
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux,
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.),
- Excellent communications skills in English.
Other things you should know are
- We're currently working on Issuu’s Story Cloud both on web and mobile apps, machine learning for better understanding of our content, internal analytics and our famous reading experience to mention a few examples,
- Our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP
- We deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Docker Swarm and Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis, Node, etc.,
- We strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology,
- We have many cross-team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can,
- “20% time”- everyone gets one day a week to invest as they see fit (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters, ...).
The Impact You Will Have on Our Customers
- Create new things they could not have done before,
- Share those creations with more people than they could have reached before,
- Reach new levels of success than they could have imagined before.
What You Will Get
- A competitive compensation package and benefits,
- Health and dental insurances,
- a flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position,
- Delicious daily lunch, snacks, fruits and drinks, and awesome monthly Friday bars hosted by the teams.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.