Engineering – Deers /
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our ride.
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
Create once, share everywhere with Issuu!
We are the right company for you, if you
- Want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – we handle hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M documents,
- Consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues,
- Are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket,
- Are curious and never stopped learning and exploring new languages, technologies and solutions,
- Seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product,
- Want to work with colleagues who have a ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want you to succeed.
What you will be doing
- You will be working on our Data Platform and the features that it offers within Issuu. This can be thought of as a product within a product.
- You will ensure that we have the data we need, where we need it, at the time we need it,
- You will ensure we maintain the life cycle, consistency, compliance and validity of our data,
- You will work on a modern stack consisting of DBT, Fivetran and Census among others in a developer focused environment (you will do PRs)
- You will help leverage our data to provide knowledge, insights and product features.
- Read more about the history of the team and how we use Reverse ELT
What you bring with you
- A Master’s degree in CS, Information Technology or a related field,
- Solid knowledge of SQL, relational databases and Google BigQuery,
- Experience setting up ETL pipelines using tools, like Google BigQuery, Fivetran, Segment, etc.,
- Experience building ETL pipelines using Python,
- Experience with Reverse ETL integrating to Salesforce and marketing automation tools
- Experience working with large datasets,
- Experience building dashboards,
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment,
- Some project management skills,
- Knowledge of GDPR,
- Knowledge of Machine Learning: training, using, deploying and maintaining models,
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Other things you should know are
- We're currently working on becoming a transformation engine for the content uploaded to Issuu, machine learning for better understanding of our content, our famous reading experience and expanding our partner ecosystem to mention a few examples.
- Our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP.
- We deploy multiple times a day on AWS and use Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis, Node, etc.
- We strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology.
- We have many cross-team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can.
- “20% time”- everyone gets one day a week to invest as they see fit (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters, ...).
The impact you will have on our customers
- Delivering results that create value for the end users, while we ensure a high-performance, high-availability, robust product that scales with our traffic (10.000++ requests/second ) and data-heavy platforms (100++ terabytes),
- Creating new things they could not have done before,
- Sharing those creations with more people than they could have reached before,
- Reaching new levels of success than they could have imagined before.
What you'll get
- Competitive compensation package,
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company,
- Health and dental insurance,
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen and Berlin, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.