VP of Business Development
Palo Alto, California /
BD & Sales /
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
Issuu is seeking a Vice President of Business Development to expand the BD and channel team, with exemplary skills in impact oriented partnership creation, business strategy, and execution. In this role, you will be responsible for platform partnerships, channel revenue growth as well as extending the Issuu network in the areas of reader growth, content growth and content distribution. You will seek out and negotiate deals focused on the Issuu partner ecosystem with creative tools, storage, martech and social platforms.
You will focus on growth and revenue generating core product offerings, generate new revenue streams and drive global adoption of the platform. The position is a full-time position and is based in Issuu’s Palo Alto office, though location is flexible for the right candidate.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create partnership frameworks that can efficiently scale as necessary
- Close partnerships with the leading content creation, storage and consumption platforms
- Seek out new areas for partnerships, create business proposals and close these deals
- Work closely with the product, engineering and marketing teams to identify potential areas and features ripe for collaboration opportunities
- Nurture and grow existing relationships with key strategic partners and evangelize Issuu within the industry
- Manage and grow a pipeline of potential domestic and international strategic partnership targets
- Manage Channel team.
What You Bring With You
- Strong technical competence and an understanding of digital technologies
- 8+ years in a business’s development or executive role
- Proven business development experience at start-ups or growth stage companies
- Strategic thinker capable of driving internal stakeholders to agreement on important issues and opportunities
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous start-up environment
- Extensive knowledge of online business models and Internet/consumer/ technology
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Extensive negotiation experience, including comfort with legal aspects of negotiations
- Prior experience working in a high-growth or start-up technology company preferred
- BA/BS degree required.
What You Will Get
- Competitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company
- We have 100% company paid platinum health benefits that is above the benchmark of prominent high tech companies
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive! Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments.
If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.