Senior Ruby Developer
Platform Engineering /
iSTOX is the first fully regulated capital markets platform in any major financial centre to feature the issuance, custody and trading of digitised securities. Combining the power of distributed ledger technology (DLT) and smart contracts with an innovative business model, iSTOX brings private capital markets into the 21st century. By allowing buyers and sellers to connect directly, iSTOX removes longstanding barriers that have prevented a far greater pool of investors from access to private market opportunity. Compared with traditional trading venues, iSTOX is a more flexible, affordable and inclusive alternative, and offers investment options that were previously inaccessible.
iSTOX is now fully regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Key investors include Singapore Exchange and Heliconia (a fully owned subsidiary of Temasek).
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join our core team!
Why you'll love working here
- We are building an engineering culture which emphasises communication and teamwork, craftsmanship, ownership and continuous learning and improvements
- You will have chance to explore and apply best technologies to build a secure, reliable and high performance issuance, admin and trading platforms.
- You will be part of the core team to build and maintain the challenging backend project that interacts heavily with blockchain service.
- We have our services deployed on AWS with a CI/CD build process and a full staging environment for you to play with
- Our tech stack: Docker, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, gRPC, RabbitMQ, MySQL, ReactJS
- Design, implement and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby on Rails code
- Implement high availability backend solution
- Integration of MYSQL data storage
- Write and maintain RSpec unit test/functional test cases
- Develop backend projects with micro-services architecture and the communications between each service
- Develop REST/GraphQL API for website functionality
- Build backend REST/GRAPHQL API
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Raise the code quality by reviewing each other’s code, sharing knowledge and helping out within and across teams
- Evaluate new practices and technologies for backend development
- Programming experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus, willingness to work with Ruby is a must!
- At least 5 years’ experience in software development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of common rails gem, eg. Devise, Resque
- Competencies in algorithms, data structures & concurrent programming
- Familiar and experienced in building scalable micro-service architecture backends
- Knowledge in various communication channels between microservices eg. message broker, queue, grpc
- Proficient understanding of MYSQL database, sql query, design of schema, master/slave, data sharding, indexing
- Able to implement automated unit/functional test cases
- Familiarity with development aiding tools eg. Bundler, Rake, RVM, Docker
- Be highly responsible, take ownership over your works, work independently with minimum supervision, and be a lifelong learner with a positive collaborative attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another similar technical discipline