Los Angeles, California
We want to become the world's largest and most loved consumer brand by building a new supply chain that serves consumers, manufacturers, and the environment—not middlemen. We are a small and experienced team of technology and retail veterans that are passionate about developing beautiful, luxury goods in a sustainable way and creating a world-class customer experience.
As our first Product Intern, you will report directly to our Product Lead and work closely with our engineering team. As a result, during this internship, you will develop a deep understanding of the entire technology stack of an e-commerce business.
You will be fully responsible the team's Bugs & Criticals queue, with a focus on testing & QA for all Storefront-related features and ensuring that deployments go smoothly. We want you to be able to recommend resolutions, both technical & non-technical, to Storefront issues.
In time, you'll become an expert on our Storefront. You'll begin building reports for management and test plans for new team members as the company grows. Depending on how you grow within this role, we might ask for you to take on the added responsibility of guiding product decisions and becoming an advocate for a better storefront experience.
This role requires you to think and act like an owner from the start, balancing building new processes and systems from scratch and executing against your plan successfully.
What you'll be doing
- Be responsible for grooming & prioritizing the Italic's Bugs & Criticals queue
- Work in BI tools like Mode and Heap to preemptively surface potential Storefront bugs
- Perform functional, regression, and performance tests on our Storefront
- Identify, isolate, and record bugs for the product & engineering team
- Make recommendations on short & long term resolutions for Storefront bugs
What you'll need
- Interest in startups, technology and retail
- Ability to see the importance of the nitty-gritty details and how they directly relate to important company goals
- Extremely strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills - you know how to document process, express your ideas clearly and concisely
- Entrepreneurial mindset - You know how to work on your own and be an owner of your work (but ask for help when needed)
- Curiosity and a strong work ethic
- Rare Exposure - Gain direct exposure to an early startup backed by some of the best in the industry
- Head Start - Get experience early to start building your resume
- Personal Growth - Monthly time set aside to help you develop
- Nice Things - $500 to spend in Italic credits
- Pay Day - This is a paid internship
- Sunshine - A beautiful headquarters in West Hollywood, CA
Please note that at this time, this opportunity is only available to those in Los Angeles. Being present at the office in West Hollywood will be necessary weekly. This internship is for 6-months on a part-time basis.
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people — good at work and with a good heart. If this sounds like you, come join us!