San Francisco /
Growth – Growth Marketing /
We are searching for an experienced and ambitious leader to take on the challenge of scaling our Growth department through and beyond our next phase of growth. As our VP Growth, you’ll build and oversee our team and strategy to deploy budget against new member acquisition targets. You will set big, scary targets and recruit & develop a team of high-performance channel-specific managers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing consumer business with existing scale and build a department and team from scratch. Your role will be given significant autonomy, budget, and support—your job will be to serve as the voice of ambition in our team and will define Italic as a growth, data, & performance-oriented organization for the years to come.
- 10+ years of experience in performance marketing and media buying, with experience in direct responsibility for both small as well as large budgets that tie to revenue targets
- Endlessly curious about performance marketing—you spend your evenings reading and thinking about performance, and you’ll do anything to gain an incremental edge over the algorithm
- Ruthless about optimization, process, and prioritization—people know you as exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Deep understanding of marketing technologies; you have proven experience in attribution and you evaluate channel effectiveness through a portfolio approach
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience in leading and motivating a team through ambiguity and inevitable ups and downs
- Ability to both think strategically as a leader and execute tactically as an IC
- A deep love for both the thrill of early-stage startups and the challenges that come with scaling
- Kind, goal-oriented, and direct; you aren’t afraid to share your mind, but make sure to empower your team and peers
- Build short-term (30, 90, 180 day) and long-term (1, 5, 10 year) Growth goals and strategies based off of the company’s mission and vision and communicate this with your team and the rest of the company
- Be a true owner in the business and a partner to the CEO. We will collectively look to you to lead the Growth team in addition to being a critical voice in the overall company strategy—we are looking for execs who can roll up their sleeves and really act as partners/owners in the business
- Build out goal-tracking in your organization (KPI/OKR tracking, recruiting, org structure, etc) and motivate your team to hit ambitious but realistic targets that you collectively set
- Uplevel the strategy, talent, and execution across your department
- Closely monitor Paid Acquisition and provide tactical execution strategies, mentorship, and guidance for the team to develop
- Empower the Growth Product team and ensure that the Technology features are triaging on a consistent basis with a strong foundation of high-frequency experimentation and evaluation
- Work with Technology, Marketing, and Analytics to improve our marketing technology and attribution stack to ensure a high fidelity of measurement accuracy
- Partner with Creative to build an ever-improving workflow to consistently request, utilize, and deliver feedback on new creative assets
- Develop a strong relationship with Marketing to ensure proper attribution and measurement of brand lift and effects of marketing campaigns on paid acquisition and/or growth product
- Monitor the efficacy of our paid acquisition channel mix, fulfillment centers, and carrier partners to provide better recommendations and benchmarking between vendors.
Italic is building the next generation "everything store." We offer quality goods straight from the same manufacturers as top brands but at 50-80% lower prices. Behind the scenes, we empower manufacturers with a full-stack solution of technology, operational network, payment orchestration, and distribution to a global consumer base so that they can become merchants themselves.
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college or what fancy names are on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people: good at work and have a good heart.
Our culture is centered around high performance and high conviction. We value teamwork over ostentation, fulfillment over balance, and autonomy over compliance. We care deeply about surrounding ourselves with ambitious, exceptional individuals and believe that our culture is our greatest advantage against our competitors as well as thriving as the industry changes.
Service is the bedrock on which our business is built and we believe a culture that fosters servant leadership is a truly differentiated, long-term moat that can only be built through trust. In short, nobody cares what you said, only how you made them feel.
Dare to be bold
We believe that the greatest accomplishments in history come from small, under-resourced teams facing insurmountable odds. We buck the status quo and actively seek out challenges that others would claim to be impossible.
Italic competes in a hyper-competitive industry where benchmarking against competitors is the norm. The danger of averages is in scenario where a 10% improvement over the status quo is celebrated internally but is still be a poor experience for a member or a merchant.
Team, teammate, self
Our greatest asset, and the foundation to our long-term success, is our people. We believe in small egos delivering big impact. We are encouraging, trusting, and kind, intending to inspire and empower our teammates to become the best version of themselves.
Play the long game
Our business is dependent on spinning a flywheel: the more merchants we support, the more products we can offer; the more products we offer, the more members we can attract and delight, and so on and so forth.