Los Angeles, California
We want to become the world's largest and most loved consumer brand by building a new supply chain that serves consumers, manufacturers, and the environment—not middlemen. We are a small and experienced team of technology and retail veterans that are passionate about developing beautiful, luxury goods in a sustainable way and creating a world-class customer experience.
As our first E-Commerce Manager, you will sit at the intersection of all core functions including merchandising, operations, marketing, and technology. As a result, you will develop a deep understanding of the entire e-commerce lifecycle.
You will fully own site-merchandising on our storefront, with a focus on featuring our new product and category launches and seasonal or event-driven promotions in a way that drives revenue, engagement, and retention.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating across different functions, ensuring timely and accurate production of content and deployment to our storefront. You will also collaborate closely with technology, serving as the expert for site performance and advocating for a better customer experience. This role requires you to think and act like an owner from the start, balancing building new processes and systems from scratch and executing against your plan successfully.
- Build and implement a process for site merchandising across the entire storefront and all categories. Responsible for driving regular refresh of content & digital merchandising strategies to support ongoing business needs
- Work closely with merchandising, marketing, ops and tech to maintain a calendar for product and categories launches and refreshes and work closely cross-functionally to gather all content & assets to support successful launches
- Coordinate with our Shenzhen team, freight brokers, and 3PL to receive ensure on-time receipt of POs and triage any inventory-related issues as they arise
- Responsible for pulling reporting on product and category performance and sharing insights with VP Merchandising to drive merchandising decisions
- Utilize customer behavior data (including product views, conversion, bounce rate, engagement) to inform navigation, content and product strategies
- Informing engineering of storefront features that would enhance customer experience and drive meaningful business metrics
- 2+ years of experience at an e-commerce company
- Significant experience with e-commerce software (Shopify, Netsuite, SAP, Oracle)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- Extremely organized and capable of assisting multiple teams and work streams
- Ability to understand, unpack, and address large, ambiguous problems - with a sense of intuition on when to ask for help versus figuring things out on your own
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people — good at work and with a good heart. If this sounds like you, come join us!