We want to become the world's largest and most loved consumer brand by building a new supply chain that serves consumers, manufacturers, and the environment—not middlemen. We are a small and experienced team of technology and retail veterans that are passionate about developing beautiful, luxury goods in a sustainable way and creating a world-class customer experience.
As the 1st growth engineer at Italic, you will be playing a major role in developing, engineering, and testing growth initiatives across the company, driving key metrics in the business. Reporting to our CEO, you'll leverage your experience and skills to build world-class platforms from scratch.
This role is ideal for an engineer with a strong analytical mindset, who can move quickly with confidence and has a deep interest in e-commerce, data, and business. You will be submerged in the thrill of a fast-paced, early startup and will be responsible for significant architectural decisions early on while also being thoughtful about operability, scalability, and reliability. Our team is small and we deploy weekly, so we expect you to contribute real, financial value to the business.
Italic is a startup environment and things move quickly. You'll have autonomy to make your own decisions, guided by the necessary mindfulness of how those decisions impact the business, your team, and customers.
- Design, build and maintain the critical infrastructure that enables Italic to develop robust customer profiles and a firm understanding of our customer journey
- Create a scalable process to deploy data-driven, experimental consumer experiences that enables constant learning
- Formulate experiments around growth and retention and collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship A/B or multivariate experiments and features
- Work closely with Product Design on UX research and UX design when appropriate
- Provide key insights into what product features should be prioritized on the roadmap, based on results of experimentation
- Architect the APIs, services, and systems that drive growth using Ruby and Python
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
Initial Focus & Estimated Timeline
First 3 months - Build and ship pressing features and improvements on both the strore-front and supplier center, learning our current products in the process. Begin to develop our initial marketing attribution, growth-focused data piping, and customer profiles.
3-6 months - Continue to play a major role in developing the next iterations of Italic products by testing, deploying, and monitoring growth-focused tests and improvements.
6-12 months - Focus on initial growth experimentation and optimizing for new category launches, with a particular focus on A/B experiments that optimize for purchases, repeat customers, supplier happiness, and other key metrics.
12+ months - Full set of growth engineering responsibilities set above, being a key player in developing and optimizing the company's growth product/engineering efforts and how that effects our bottom line.
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people — good at work and with a good heart. If this sounds like you, come join us!