Los Angeles, California
Fully launching later this year, Italic is a retailer pioneering a new way to shop luxury goods: unbranded and straight from the source. We're on a mission to build a fairer, simpler supply chain that serves consumers, manufacturers, and the environment—not middlemen.
We're trailblazing the next generation of direct-to-consumer commerce while enjoying the ride. We're a small but experienced team laser focused on developing beautiful, well-designed products and creating a world-class customer experience. If the thrills of early-stage companies excite you and you're up for the challenge, you'd be truly hard-pressed to come by a better opportunity.
We are seeking a part-time photographer to lead our internal photography process. This is a rare opportunity to build out the foundational processes and aesthetics for our creative production while receiving consistent work each month. The ideal candidate is ambitious for growth, comfortable under tight deadlines, has worked professionally, and is well-connected in the industry with models and assistants.
- Work with our marketing team to adhere to a consistent style across all product imagery
- Learn and maintain a consistent lighting and styling setup
- Individually retouch or source external retouchers to work on on-figure and product e-commerce imagery
- Shoot product photography once a month
- Work with the merchandising team to select, retouch, and upload product photography
- Extremely organized and can manage receiving product samples from all over the world
- Significant experience with shooting and retouching product flats and on-body photography
- Knowledge of using Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, and Capture One
- Keen understanding of file management and organization
We are rebuilding the largest industry in the world from the ground up. You'll do work that (actually) matters together with a team that cares about you, your fulfillment, and your health. In return, you'll be compensated with good pay, good stock options, and good benefits.
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status... Furthermore, we don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people — good at work and with a good heart.
If this sounds like you, come join us!