Los Angeles, California
Italic offers unbranded luxury goods—no logos, no markups. By removing brands, retailers, and distributors from our supply chain, we are able to hit incredible price points and lower inventory waste without compromising on product quality or customer experience at scale.
The Italic Merchandising team is responsible for creating and executing the company's product strategy. They oversee the full lifecycle of all product sold on the site from concept and design to merchandising, buying, and inventory management. The team works cross-functionally with Sourcing, Operations, and Marketing to successfully bring product to life and to ensure their performance supports the company's financial goals.
The ideal candidate for the Buyer role is a self-motivated leader with impeccable taste, a strong point of view on product and trends, highly developed analytical and organizational skills, excellent communication and negotiation skills, and a strong grasp of the e-commerce and DTC landscape.
- Develop and execute seasonal concepts, strategies, and assortment line plans for multiple categories taking into account product white space opportunities, competitive dynamics, product trends, and historical performance
- Create and manage to product development timelines to ensure on-time delivery of product
- Develop excellent vendor relationships; review prototypes and provide feedback via constant communication with vendors to drive timely development and commercialization process
- Determine final product assortments and place POs while managing receipt flow
- Own and recap financial performance and metrics, make strategic recommendations in order to achieve sales, sell through, margin and inventory targets
- Manage open-to-buy process
- Work with the sourcing team to identify and close new vendors based on category needs and opportunities; negotiate with vendors on terms as needed
- Create and improve processes as needed to ensure efficient product lifecycle flow including QA, on-time deliveries, e-commerce operations, site merchandising, product marketing, fulfillment, etc.
- Work closely with marketing and other cross functional partners to ensure successful product launches
- Support creative teams with photo shoots and content creation as needed
- 5+ years buying, merchandising, or planning at a high-growth brand or retailer, ideally in Fashion, Luxury, or DTC
- Impeccable taste, loves product
- Strong analytical skills a must - highly proficient in financial reporting, forecasting, and planning
- Self motivated leader with experience managing one or more direct reports
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks effectively while adhering to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills; Fluency in Italian, Chinese, or Spanish a plus
- Effective negotiator
- Sound business sense and decision making abilities
- Can-do attitude and uncompromising work ethic
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people: good at work and with a good heart ♥️