Los Angeles, California
Fully launching later this year, Italic is a retailer pioneering a new way to shop luxury goods: unbranded and straight from the source. We're on a mission to build a fairer, simpler supply chain that serves consumers, manufacturers, and the environment—not middlemen.
We're trailblazing the next generation of direct-to-consumer commerce while enjoying the ride. We're a small but experienced team laser focused on developing beautiful, well-designed products and creating a world-class customer experience. If the thrills of early-stage companies excite you and you're up for the challenge, you'd be truly hard-pressed to come by a better opportunity.
The Italic Merchandising team is the core of the company, and our buyers are captains who set the direction for the entire team. It's a critical role that requires impeccable taste, a strong point of view on product and trends, and highly developed analytical and organizational skills.
This is an extremely rare opportunity for an ambitious buyer to develop and execute a merchandising strategy
at a new high-velocity and rapidly-growing retailer alongside a highly-experienced team.
- Support the buyer in all aspects of the merchandising process including sample tracking, product selection and review, product feedback documentation, writing purchase orders
- Help manage to product development timelines by communicating with Manufacturers, Sourcing team, and other cross functional partners in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for the accuracy and compliance (in accordance of our standard operating procedures) for all product details and listings across storefront, including media assets and copy
- Monitor order processing and ensure that inventory levels are accurate across all platforms
- Work with merchandising team to list and update products and variants
- Maintain excellent manufacturer relationships
- Maintain accurate information in product lifecycle management (PLM) and other retail management systems
- Key purchase orders in a timely manner and reconcile receipts to support open-to-buy process
- Maintain accurate delivery log and track shipments to ensure timely delivery, negotiating with manufacturers as needed to maintain delivery timelines
- Support Buyer with financial reporting deliverables
- Ensure efficient product lifecycle flow including QA, e-commerce operations, product marketing, etc.
- Conduct trend and competitive analysis as needed
- 1-3 years buying, merchandising, or planning at a high-growth brand or retailer, ideally in Fashion or Luxury
- Impeccable taste. Your friends come to you for recommendations
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and commit to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of retail math and retail systems a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and strong worth ethic with a can-do attitude
- Experience with Order Management Software and E-Commerce platforms (Shopify, Magento, Demandware)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets and knowledge in Macros, Pivot Tables, VLookUps & HLookUps, and other advanced formulas
- Extremely organized and capable of assisting multiple teams and work streams
- Ability to understand, unpack, and address large, ambiguous problems - with a sense of intuition on when to ask for help versus figuring things out on your own
We are rebuilding the largest industry in the world from the ground up. You'll do work that (actually) matters together with a team that cares about you, your fulfillment, and your health. In return, you'll be compensated with good pay, good stock options, and good benefits.
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status... Furthermore, we don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people — good at work and with a good heart.
If this sounds like you, come join us!