Los Angeles /
Marketing – Creative /
Italic is building the next generation of digital commerce. Our mission is make living the good life accessible for all of our members. We are starting by developing a line of quality goods and selling them at prices unrivaled by the rest of the industry. Our culture is obsessed with continuous improvement and we seek to constantly improve upon our technology and product assortment to create a model of retail that's better for our manufacturers and our members.
We are seeking a talented, tactical art director to help us implement our vision for our brand. As our brand presence has primarily been driven by photography and videos, we want to introduce graphic design as a large component of our visual identity to help up-level the perceived quality of our brand and better communicate our mission and value proposition.
- As an art director on our creative team, you can expect to work on a variety of interesting projects and be called into projects depending on your specialty. Below, we've listed some examples of projects that you may work on.
- As we prefer to rely on organic growth and word of mouth traffic, email has become the cornerstone to our marketing efforts. As such, it's paramount that we have the highest quality of email possible.
- Design unique, beautiful email campaigns for product launches, blog posts, press hits, etc. You can find our past campaigns here.
- Design on-brand transactional emails for automated flows such as abandoned cart notifications, back-in-stock reminders, welcome emails, etc.
- Reuse and adapt existing packaging designs and style guides to new product packaging
- Source packaging containers and materials within budget from your existing network
- Create assets for digital ads, social content, and offline media such as billboards
- Design banners for storefront collections that enable our customers to easily recognize a distinct look to each collection, such as our Slumber sleep collection.
- Design a booklet or product catalog that will be included in each order or in our offline marketing efforts
- 3+ years experience as a graphic designer working in-house or as a freelancer for a top-tier agency or consumer-facing company
- Work together with Producer and Marketing team to deliver assets on-time and prior to deadlines
- Strong grasp of foundational graphic design skills; experience with typography preferred
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma, or Sketch
- Experience with animation is a plus, but not necessary
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people: good at work and with a good heart.