Growth Marketing Manager
Los Angeles, California
Fully launching later this year, Italic is a retailer pioneering a new way to shop luxury goods: unbranded and straight from the source. We're on a mission to build a fairer, simpler supply chain that serves consumers, manufacturers, and the environment—not middlemen.
We're trailblazing the next generation of direct-to-consumer commerce while enjoying the ride. We're a small but experienced team laser focused on developing beautiful, well-designed products and creating a world-class customer experience. If the thrills of early-stage companies excite you and you're up for the challenge, you'd be truly hard-pressed to come by a better opportunity.
Italic is looking for an ambitious marketer who is ready to take on the challenging but exciting task of revamping our current growth marketing efforts and setting the foundation for what the function means at the company. The ideal candidate is excited by the prospect of starting with a blank slate and is inspired and motivated by autonomy.
This role is particularly important as Italic expands beyond e-commerce as a sole audience and will play a critical role to developing future business units of our member experience. For marketers who thrive in early-stage environments and love data, design, & writing, this is your calling.
- 3-5 years of experience in paid acquisition, email, or retention-focused marketing roles at consumer-facing companies
- A proven track record of managing paid acquisition campaigns at breakout consumer products
- Deep knowledge of the ins-and-outs of the major channels with deep industry connections at each
- Highly organized and extremely analytical (Excel/SQL whizzes preferred!), can manage a calendar
- A passion for being customer-centric and open to learning
- A strong ability to listen to everyone around you, patient ability to coach and explain, and empathy to become a partner and voice of the channel for the company
- Familiarity with CRM and ESP tools (we use Klaviyo)
- Experience sending out large-scale campaigns
- A serious love for data and openness to testing for continuous improvement
- Good eye for design and brand
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability
- An understanding of other areas of marketing (eg: event marketing, billboards, and many others) and an ability to forecast how those areas may amplify results of our related efforts
- Help design email flows, paid social, and affiliate campaigns that drive high open rates, click-throughs, and a great member experience
- Constantly test and optimize emails to improve KPI's while questioning and documenting best practices
- Analyze test results, develop new segments, and work alongside the rest of the performance marketing team to improve KPIs
- Adjust our email marketing efforts to be synchronized with the rest of our retention marketing efforts
- Work with the brand and communication teams on writing that fits our brand-voice and strategy, but optimized for conversion
- Oversee our performance marketing strategy, campaign structure, paid media optimizations, budgets, KPI's and execute early implementation
- Constantly iterate and test new ads, creatives, and channels to continually improve creative library, landing pages, and strategies
- Keep a detailed record of campaigns and how they're driving our key business metrics such as LTV, repeat-purchases, and CAC
- Manage projects and junior marketers
- Build effective working relationships with agencies and vendors and provide direction in executing campaigns
We are rebuilding the largest industry in the world from the ground up. You'll do work that (actually) matters together with a team that cares about you, your fulfillment, and your health. In return, you'll be compensated with good pay, good stock options, and good benefits.
Italic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status... Furthermore, we don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people — good at work and with a good heart.
If this sounds like you, come join us!