User Experience & Design – UX Research
iTech Media is a values-led, Talent first and rapidly scaling, online media company operating in a hugely demanding, competitive and innovative sector. This necessitates hiring and retaining the sharpest and most adaptable people in technology in order to build the #1 digital teams in London & Warsaw. We service a rapidly growing network of over 150 sites across 50+ countries and 21 languages.
Founded in late 2015, we’re building diverse, talented and high-performing teams including Engineering, UX & Design, Content, SEO, Conversion Optimisation and of course, Product. We comprise an international team of over 100, vectored towards a compelling vision of building the #1 online digital media company in gaming.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced UX Researcher to join our ever growing team of empathetic problem-solvers. You'll be helping us craft pleasurable experiences for our users. People are at the heart of everything we do, we use insights which are both qualitative and quantitative to develop strategies for a better experience. We're passionate about building experiences which are simple, useful, accessible and ultimately solving a real problem.
What you'll do:
- You will be responsible for UX Research across the entire product lifecycle.
- You will design studies and develop hypotheses examining users’ behaviours, needs, and attitudes.
- You will use a wide variety of mixed research methods - qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You will document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects .
- You will synthesise and communicate research results to different audiences.
- You will give and solicit feedback from other team members in order to continually raise our bar for research.
- You will partner closely with engineering, product, SEO, content, CRO folks to provide context, support and guidance as our team works toward our objectives.
- You will inspire and educate teams on the research process.
- You will work with the UX & Design chapter on developing and steering the long-term UX strategy and research direction.
Who you are:
- You have 2-5 years relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related discipline.
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- You are an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences.
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
- You have experience working with research, design and development teams in tech companies or digital agencies.
- You are passionate about complex problems and experienced in data-informed product design and development.
- You’re a brilliant team player, communicator and facilitator.
- You have experience with modern tools and are quick to adopt better tools and processes.
- You have experience facilitating workshops.
- You have a portfolio showcasing your work.
What we can do for you:
- Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme.
- Yearly training budget of £1000.
- Annual company retreat to have fun, team build and grow together. Previous destinations include Mykonos, Mexico and Thailand.
- Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture.
- 41 days off (25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year + 1 day Birthday + 1 life event day).
- Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best.
- Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing.
- Annual travel season ticket loan.
- Team Friday lunches - ordered-in from a variety of local restaurants (on your first Friday you get to choose which restaurant we order from).
- Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit.
- Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS.
- Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs).
- Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more.
- Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas.
- Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about.
- Pension contribution matched up to 10%.
Our ambition is to build the Number 1 Online Media Company in Gaming, Worldwide!