Front-End Developer (Remote)
Engineering – Development /
iTech helps people make smart choices online. We create experiences and products that inform and entertain a global audience, providing unparalleled insight and guidance in the highly competitive world of gaming. We are rapidly growing. iTech is looking for the most engaged, innovative and sharpest people to build the best digital teams in the world. From our offices in London and Warsaw we bring to life a network of over 150 products across 50+ countries and 21+ languages.
We believe that our four values unlock the potential in each of us to achieve great things. Our unique culture empowers our diverse, talented and high-performing teams in Engineering, UX, Design, Content, SEO, Marketing, Product and many more.
iTech is looking for people to join our story. People who want to bring their skills and best selves to work, develop them, and have the greatest experience of their working lives while producing the best work they have ever done. From truly epic company parties to dedicated time and resource for personal development - our culture and people drive success and the market-leading work we do.
As a Front-End Developer at iTech Media, you’ll work as a part of cross-functional squad to deliver a product roadmap, producing web and mobile experiences reaching millions of users across every corner of the world.
Our Engineering chapter is circa 40 people, with a diverse skills background with Engineers specialising in DevOps/Site Reliability, Back-End, Front-End and Full-Stack Web Development.
We are on a journey of having all of our Software Engineers competent in both back-end PHP coding and Front-end Development. This is a Front-End position but will career track into a Full-Stack Developer role.
What you'll do:
- Play a key role within a cross-functional and agile squad to consult and collaborate with your team towards a Product roadmap.
- Build end to end websites alongside new features and widgets such as odds calculators, blogs and membership areas.
- API development
- Analyse and improve website performance and help us maintain our site-speed goal of under 2 seconds on a 3G mobile network.
- Play a part in supporting us in maintaining our high coding standards by participating in code reviews.
- Work on accessibility improvements.
Ticket to play:
- You are on board with the journey of becoming a Full-Stack Developer!
- Appreciation for coding best practice such as SOLID and programming paradigms
- PHP (awareness of)
What we can do for you:
• Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme.
• Yearly training budget of £1000.
• Company parties.
• Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture.
• 41 days off (25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year + 1 day Birthday + 1 life event day).
• Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best.
• Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing.
• Annual travel season ticket loan.
• In-house Friday lunches cooked by a variety of food companies on premise.
• Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit.
• Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS.
• Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs).
• Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more.
• Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas.
• Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about.
• Pension contribution matched up to 10%.