Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering – Site Reliability
iTech Media is a values-led, Talent first and rapidly scaling, online media company operating in a hugely demanding, competitive and innovative sector. This necessitates hiring and retaining the sharpest and most adaptable people in technology in order to build the #1 digital teams in London & Warsaw. We service a rapidly growing network of over 150 sites across 50+ countries and 21 languages.
Founded in late 2015, we’re building diverse, talented and high-performing teams including Engineering, UX & Design, Content, SEO, Conversion Optimisation and of course, Product. We comprise an international team of over 100, vectored towards a compelling vision of building the #1 online digital media company in gaming.
Site Reliability Engineering at iTech Media combines Software Engineering with Systems Engineering (Infrastructure & Operations), in order to build and run secure highly secure, highly resilient and highly available systems, which work at huge scale. With 3.5million monthly active users (and growing!) DevOps Engineering at iTech is never simple or dull!
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Define best practices and methodologies for operating on vendor-neutral cloud architectures
- Ensure very high availability across globally distributed websites and platforms
- Contribute creative ideas to steer Infrastructure Operations and Design; using new technologies and advocating for best practices
- Define best practices and methodologies for operating on vendor-neutral heterogeneous cloud architectures
- Strengthen our release management and continuous deployment processes
- Ensure high security standards within infrastructure, and be a champion for security within engineering as a whole
- Design and implement creative strategies for systems deployment
- Build tools and systems to monitor and respond to notifications and alerts from critical systems
- Knowledge transfer and mentorship for other team members - within infrastructure, and in engineering as a whole
- Make Site Reliability at iTech Media a fun and rewarding place to be, by strengthening our amazing engineering culture
Ticket to play:
- Hands on experience doing all (or most of) what we’re looking for above!
- Experience working within a Site Reliability culture supported by Lean / Agile delivery methodologies
- Experience working in Engineering / Infrastructure environments of non-trivial complexity
- People who are smart and kind. We can teach tools; we can’t teach that.
A flavour of our stack:
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
What we can do for you:
Give you the platform and support to excel
Give you a yearly training budget of £1000 to bring out the ninja in you
Annual company retreat to have fun, team build and grow together. Previous destinations include Mykonos, Mexico and Thailand
Annual bonus scheme based on individual & company performance
And all of these added goodies:
A chance to work with an epic team of passionate experts
Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture (check the website for pictures)
Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best
25 days' holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year
Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing
Annual travel season ticket loan
Team Friday lunches - ordered-in from a variety of local restaurants (on your first Friday you get to choose which restaurant we order from)
Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit
Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS
Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs)
Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more
Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas
Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about
Pension contribution matched up to 10%.
Our ambition is to build the Number 1 Online Media Company in Gaming, Worldwide!