Senior IT Systems Engineer — JD (Remote)
United States /
Technology – Information Technology /
Built to serve students, iTutor partners with hundreds of schools across the United States to ensure every child has access to education, regardless of circumstance. Our team is building the future of education.
The IT department at iTutor is seeking a Senior IT Systems Engineer to assist us in choosing, buying or building tools to automate all the internal processes and applications. In this role, you’ll gain a deep
knowledge of IT and cross-functional applications and processes and apply integrations to enable us to grow in a secure, automated way. That entails everything from new-hire onboarding, to cross-company access change requests, to administering the growing list of SaaS tools.
What you'll do
- Design & implement automation to make IT processes repeatable, scalable, and secure.
- Using standalone code, web hooks, or API integrations to optimize and connect our SaaS environment
- Guide build vs. buy decisions for integrations and tooling for IT and other departments
- You will work with stakeholders within the company to design, configure, implement, maintain and promote variety of internally facing applications, including G Suite, Slack & BetterCloud
- You will research, install, maintain and troubleshoot application plugins/add-ons
- Be available to resolve general Helpdesk tickets, providing swift solutions for all employees
- Document procedures, policies, technical instructions and securitization practices
- Work on IT projects from research to implementation
Who you are
- 5+ years IT experience
- Solution oriented: What you build will impact all of ITutor
- You are experienced with administering and developing in and against PaaS & SaaS, and applications and services, including G Suite and Slack
- You have a comfort and familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies
- In this role, you are organized and analytical, adept at working in a high-performing team environment, able to follow a project schedule, have a continuous improvement mindset and are capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently
- You are self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently
- Experience administering Okta (or another SSO platform), JAMF, and G Suite in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of networking concepts
A leading educational technology and instructional delivery company, iTutor’s mission is to transform student’s lives by providing the highest quality educational support everywhere at any time. We partner with school districts and college access programs across the U.S. to expand school walls with real-time, personalized online learning through the use of advanced technology and our community of State-Certified Teachers. iTutor offers its employees a highly collaborative, transparent, and fully remote work environment. All team members receive unlimited paid time off (PTO), stock options, company-paid life insurance, and access to medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and voluntary life insurance coverage options. We continue to improve and expand our total rewards package and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment that empowers each individual and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.