Cambridge, MA /
Operations – Legal /
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will work closely and collaboratively with the General Counsel in driving process improvements around contract management, governance and compliance in addition to management of daily legal workflows.
We’re looking for an Associate Counsel to join our team and further enable our agile internal legal function. We’re growing quickly, and strong in-house legal support for the business is critical as we take on new initiatives and continue to expand.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts, including technology and IP licensing agreements, vendor agreements, consultant agreements, product bundling and distribution agreements, marketing and content agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
- Partner with internal business teams to identify legal issues and promptly address questions, perform relevant research and accurately advise on applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Participate in the design, implementation and enforcement of company policies and processes to ensure legal compliance.
- Support the maintenance, protection and growth of the company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Prepare independent contractor agreements and facilitate onboarding and tracking
- Assist the General Counsel with ongoing administrative and operational tasks as well as milestone initiatives, as may be required to support business growth
- 2-5 years of firm (corporate practice area) or in-house legal experience
- JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- License (in good standing) to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Strong foundation in business, contract, employment, intellectual property, and data privacy & security law
- Ability to analyze risk, evaluate legal issues and provide clear and practical advice in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and relate comfortably at all levels across the business
- Sound business judgment and capable of being strategic, creative and adaptive while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive and eager to learn about the business, the industry and new areas of the law
- Comprehensive medical plans in which iZotope pays the majority of the out of pocket costs
- Generous PTO of 16 days off per year to start and 18 paid holidays
- 100% paid family leave.
- 401k with company match of 6% with both pre-tax and post-tax contribution options
- Subsidized commuter plans
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.