UX Design Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Marketing – Creative
iZotope is looking for an experienced User Experience Manager to join our growing Design team. The successful candidate will drive the user experience of iZotope’s award-winning music production desktop software products.
- Reporting directly to the Creative Director, the UX Manager will be a key member of the Design team, collaborating with Engineering, Product Management, and Product Marketing departments to design delightful user experiences for our core music and post production software. They will also have a seat on the product leadership team for the entire suite of our desktop products (Suites). Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Driving the design vision for our Suites product line, as we evolve them beyond the desktop and into a Cloud-enabled offering
- Managing and mentoring a small team of UX/UI designers
- Spending time with our customers to understand how people are interacting with audio today in order to propose new product enhancements that can help them overcome common challenges they experience
- Generating product design concepts that can be used to test and iterate toward the most effective solution for our customers
- Providing UX thought leadership when collaborating with other designers, product managers, and engineers to ensure cohesive experiences across all of iZotope's product lines
- Contributing to the on-going improvement of the product design process
- 5+ years of UX design/research experience, leading to familiarity with various methodologies and design facilitation techniques
- Experience mentoring or managing other UX designers
- A portfolio highlighting your process for designing interactive experiences for desktop, web, and/or mobile apps
- Familiarity with Sketch, inVision, Balsamiq and other prototyping tools
- Experience working in highly-collaborative Agile environments where cross-functional teams are empowered to make well-informed design decisions
- Experience in music production and/or audio post-production a plus, but not required
- Passion for design and developing delightful customer experiences
- Creative problem solver with insatiable curiosityHave a “do whatever it takes” mindset. Possess a strong work ethic, be willing to go the extra mile, and be able to collaborate positively with others while still being able to work independently when needed
- Individual must be a team player, focused on the total success of the company and the overall Design team over individual success
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!